Oct 22, 2011, 12:24 PM EST
Tonight’s New Jersey Devils-Pittsburgh Penguins game should be a good barometer for both teams, but Evgeni Malkin won’t be back for the game after all.
Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Malkin was a “possibility” for the contest, but the team recently announced that the star center won’t play yet. Bylsma would only say that Malkin is “day-to-day” in his recovery from knee surgery.
Malkin has been sidelined since he notched two assists against the Washington Capitals on Oct. 13. He looked sharp in the three games he played, but the Penguins would be wise to tread lightly with the Russian star’s knee – especially since they’re quite adept at dealing with injuries.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28