Oct 22, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Tonight’s New Jersey Devils-Pittsburgh Penguins game should be a good barometer for both teams, but Evgeni Malkin won’t be back for the game after all.
Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Malkin was a “possibility” for the contest, but the team recently announced that the star center won’t play yet. Bylsma would only say that Malkin is “day-to-day” in his recovery from knee surgery.
Malkin has been sidelined since he notched two assists against the Washington Capitals on Oct. 13. He looked sharp in the three games he played, but the Penguins would be wise to tread lightly with the Russian star’s knee – especially since they’re quite adept at dealing with injuries.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)