Oct 22, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Tonight’s New Jersey Devils-Pittsburgh Penguins game should be a good barometer for both teams, but Evgeni Malkin won’t be back for the game after all.
Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Malkin was a “possibility” for the contest, but the team recently announced that the star center won’t play yet. Bylsma would only say that Malkin is “day-to-day” in his recovery from knee surgery.
Malkin has been sidelined since he notched two assists against the Washington Capitals on Oct. 13. He looked sharp in the three games he played, but the Penguins would be wise to tread lightly with the Russian star’s knee – especially since they’re quite adept at dealing with injuries.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)