Oct 22, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Tonight’s New Jersey Devils-Pittsburgh Penguins game should be a good barometer for both teams, but Evgeni Malkin won’t be back for the game after all.
Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Malkin was a “possibility” for the contest, but the team recently announced that the star center won’t play yet. Bylsma would only say that Malkin is “day-to-day” in his recovery from knee surgery.
Malkin has been sidelined since he notched two assists against the Washington Capitals on Oct. 13. He looked sharp in the three games he played, but the Penguins would be wise to tread lightly with the Russian star’s knee – especially since they’re quite adept at dealing with injuries.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)