Oct 22, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Tonight’s New Jersey Devils-Pittsburgh Penguins game should be a good barometer for both teams, but Evgeni Malkin won’t be back for the game after all.
Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Malkin was a “possibility” for the contest, but the team recently announced that the star center won’t play yet. Bylsma would only say that Malkin is “day-to-day” in his recovery from knee surgery.
Malkin has been sidelined since he notched two assists against the Washington Capitals on Oct. 13. He looked sharp in the three games he played, but the Penguins would be wise to tread lightly with the Russian star’s knee – especially since they’re quite adept at dealing with injuries.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)