Oct 21, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
You don’t often get buzzer-beating goals in the NHL, but Alberta proved to be the land where the home team’s couldn’t beat the clock. Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh scored with 1.8 seconds left in overtime beating Henrik Karlsson to give New York a 3-2 win.
In Edmonton, it would be the much hated Dany Heatley scoring with 0.5 seconds left in regulation to tie the Oilers 1-1 and ruin Nikolai Khabibulin‘s shutout bid at the last possible second. Minnesota went on to win in a shootout.
Soak in the video glory (or agony) of scoring in the final seconds of play.
Ryan McDonagh breaks Calgary
Dany Heatley tortures Edmonton
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17