Oct 21, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
You don’t often get buzzer-beating goals in the NHL, but Alberta proved to be the land where the home team’s couldn’t beat the clock. Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh scored with 1.8 seconds left in overtime beating Henrik Karlsson to give New York a 3-2 win.
In Edmonton, it would be the much hated Dany Heatley scoring with 0.5 seconds left in regulation to tie the Oilers 1-1 and ruin Nikolai Khabibulin‘s shutout bid at the last possible second. Minnesota went on to win in a shootout.
Soak in the video glory (or agony) of scoring in the final seconds of play.
Ryan McDonagh breaks Calgary
Dany Heatley tortures Edmonton
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 9
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 12
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 38
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8