Oct 21, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
You don’t often get buzzer-beating goals in the NHL, but Alberta proved to be the land where the home team’s couldn’t beat the clock. Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh scored with 1.8 seconds left in overtime beating Henrik Karlsson to give New York a 3-2 win.
In Edmonton, it would be the much hated Dany Heatley scoring with 0.5 seconds left in regulation to tie the Oilers 1-1 and ruin Nikolai Khabibulin‘s shutout bid at the last possible second. Minnesota went on to win in a shootout.
Soak in the video glory (or agony) of scoring in the final seconds of play.
Ryan McDonagh breaks Calgary
Dany Heatley tortures Edmonton
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15