Oct 21, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
Usually when you hear of a player getting “Lindros’d” it means they got crushed going through open ice with their head down. This time it means hearing boos from the fans of the team that drafted you and then had to trade you away. It takes a special brand of circumstances to make that kind of hateful magic happen and Rangers defenseman Tim Erixon pulled it off in Calgary last night.
When you get drafted by the hometown team and refuse to sign with them forcing the team to trade you, the natives will let you hear it and boy did they in Calgary. Erixon, in typical fashion for a player in that kind of spot, shrugged it off saying he had nothing against the City of Calgary and if the fans felt the need to boo him, that’s up to them.
Erixon’s contract negotiations with Calgary weren’t exactly the circus sideshow that Eric Lindros’ were with Quebec before they had to deal him to Philadelphia, but for fans that doesn’t matter at all. Hey, at least Flames fans didn’t show up to the game with comically oversized pacifiers and posters of Erixon as a crying baby. That would’ve been awkward.
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 28
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 58
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte