Oct 21, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
Weber will, however, be fined $2500 — money that will go to the Player’s Emergency Assistance Fund.
If you haven’t seen the Weber-Hansen hit yet, here it is:
As we mentioned earlier this morning, the boarding penalty was Weber’s second in as many games (he nailed Jordan Eberle Tuesday in Edmonton.) Turns out our speculation of a potential “repeat offender” tag was wrong — don’t worry, it won’t be the last time — as Weber escaped suspension where Pittsburgh’s Kris Letang didn’t.
In fact, Weber’s punishment is much more in line with the $2500 New York Rangers F Mats Zuccarello got dinged for boarding LA’s Kyle Clifford during the NHL Premiere game in Sweden:
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5