Oct 21, 2011, 10:56 AM EST
Why the sudden switch-up in Philly? They had to find a place for Brayden Schenn to fit into the lineup.
If you’re a Flyers fan and getting ready to boo everyone for the change, Peter Laviolette wants you to know that switching up three out of four lines wasn’t the reason why they got pounded by Washington.
Sometimes chemistry can work on the fly for a team like Boston that’s mostly all the same players from last year, but in Philly’s case switching lines up on the fly like that for a game against a premiere opponent was begging for trouble. Add to that that the Flyers are still working out the chemistry together themselves and adding a new player into the mix to top it off and you’ve got a recipe for a beat down.
Losing one game like this isn’t the end of the world for the Flyers, of course, it’s just a bit awkward that a big lineup shuffle like that would occur suddenly before a “big” game. In Boston, they had to shake things up because it wasn’t working. With Philly, it was cruising along nicely before the Schenn addition. Now the question is: How long will it take them to figure it out?
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)