Oct 21, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
Why the sudden switch-up in Philly? They had to find a place for Brayden Schenn to fit into the lineup.
If you’re a Flyers fan and getting ready to boo everyone for the change, Peter Laviolette wants you to know that switching up three out of four lines wasn’t the reason why they got pounded by Washington.
Sometimes chemistry can work on the fly for a team like Boston that’s mostly all the same players from last year, but in Philly’s case switching lines up on the fly like that for a game against a premiere opponent was begging for trouble. Add to that that the Flyers are still working out the chemistry together themselves and adding a new player into the mix to top it off and you’ve got a recipe for a beat down.
Losing one game like this isn’t the end of the world for the Flyers, of course, it’s just a bit awkward that a big lineup shuffle like that would occur suddenly before a “big” game. In Boston, they had to shake things up because it wasn’t working. With Philly, it was cruising along nicely before the Schenn addition. Now the question is: How long will it take them to figure it out?
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)