Oct 21, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
The star blue-liner is currently on injured reserve and isn’t eligible to return to action until Tuesday when the Kings host the Devils.
Doughty was placed on IR after suffering an undisclosed upper-body injury (speculation says a shoulder injury) Saturday against the Flyers in Philadelphia. Doughty left the game after being crushed with a legal hit by Philly forward Zac Rinaldo.
Kings GM Dean Lombardi has confirmed Doughty’s injury isn’t a concussion.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 4
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)