Oct 21, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
The star blue-liner is currently on injured reserve and isn’t eligible to return to action until Tuesday when the Kings host the Devils.
Doughty was placed on IR after suffering an undisclosed upper-body injury (speculation says a shoulder injury) Saturday against the Flyers in Philadelphia. Doughty left the game after being crushed with a legal hit by Philly forward Zac Rinaldo.
Kings GM Dean Lombardi has confirmed Doughty’s injury isn’t a concussion.
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 3
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14