Oct 21, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
The star blue-liner is currently on injured reserve and isn’t eligible to return to action until Tuesday when the Kings host the Devils.
Doughty was placed on IR after suffering an undisclosed upper-body injury (speculation says a shoulder injury) Saturday against the Flyers in Philadelphia. Doughty left the game after being crushed with a legal hit by Philly forward Zac Rinaldo.
Kings GM Dean Lombardi has confirmed Doughty’s injury isn’t a concussion.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54