Oct 21, 2011, 3:46 PM EDT
Look, we know there’s been a lot of Roberto Luongo news on PHT lately. Just so we’re clear, this won’t turn into a Canucks blog just because Mike and I are from Vancouver. Believe me. We love writing about the rest of the league. You all support very interesting teams.
That said, I’d like to direct you to a column written by sportsnet.ca’s Mark Spector. It’s one of those open letters to a specific fan base that always cause a stir. You know the kind of I’m talking about. “Dear Flyers fans: You have no class, stop swearing so much, blah, blah, blah…”
This one’s to Vancouver hockey fans, and it doesn’t mess around. Here’s a sampling:
Dear Canucks fan,
From the sounds emanating from inside Rogers Arena of late, we were wondering: When did you give birth? We hadn’t even known of your pregnancy, but yet we keep hearing the sounds of crying babies.
Please excuse our inattentiveness to your ever-growing needs. We’ll start shopping for a gift immediately.
What’s that? The baby needs a new goaltender?
Well, sure … But we thought you already had a Canadian Olympic team starter, complete with the Vezina and Jennings dress-up bundle. Can’t we just send along the camper? Or the puppy waterpark set?
Spector goes on to rip the fan base for its “everyone’s out to get us” attitude. My words, not his. (His words are much meaner.)
He also essentially accuses Canucks fans of having no clue what they’re talking about before ridiculing the newspaper editorial we wrote about earlier today that called for Roberto Luongo to be traded for Vincent LeCavalier.
It’s a real doozy. You should read it.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)