Oct 21, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
When you cross Barry Trotz and you happen to be on his team when you tick him off, you’d better get out of the way. After Nashville’s 5-1 loss to Vancouver last night, Trotz sounded off in a big (and pretty hilarious) way to the press afterward.
The Tennessean’s Joshua Cooper dodged the insults and got the quotes we all desire.
On the play of rookie Mattias Ekholm, Trotz was brief.
“I thought he was horrible, just horrible.”
“You’re going to have to line up against the best in the league, if you’re scared of that, get a dog.”
If there’s one thing Trotz was thankful for, it was for Canucks coach Alain Vigneault playing nice with him.
“I want to thank Alain Vigneault for not playing his top two lines the last 10 minutes.”
If you think that Trotz was breaking out the sarcasm there, he wasn’t. Vigneault kept rolling his third and fourth lines late in the game.
A blow up like this is the thing of legend. Seeing a coach so thoroughly disgusted with his team that he not only named names and complimented the opposing coach for taking it easy on them, he capped it off by pulling a Bob Barker-esque spin for the youngsters.
While it’s not quite football coach Mike Gundy yelling, “I’m a man! I’m 40!” or even John Tortorella snapping off at Larry Brooks, one thing’s for sure, I’m glad I’m not taking part in the Preds’ next practice. Hello bag skate!
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)