Oct 21, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
When you cross Barry Trotz and you happen to be on his team when you tick him off, you’d better get out of the way. After Nashville’s 5-1 loss to Vancouver last night, Trotz sounded off in a big (and pretty hilarious) way to the press afterward.
The Tennessean’s Joshua Cooper dodged the insults and got the quotes we all desire.
On the play of rookie Mattias Ekholm, Trotz was brief.
“I thought he was horrible, just horrible.”
“You’re going to have to line up against the best in the league, if you’re scared of that, get a dog.”
If there’s one thing Trotz was thankful for, it was for Canucks coach Alain Vigneault playing nice with him.
“I want to thank Alain Vigneault for not playing his top two lines the last 10 minutes.”
If you think that Trotz was breaking out the sarcasm there, he wasn’t. Vigneault kept rolling his third and fourth lines late in the game.
A blow up like this is the thing of legend. Seeing a coach so thoroughly disgusted with his team that he not only named names and complimented the opposing coach for taking it easy on them, he capped it off by pulling a Bob Barker-esque spin for the youngsters.
While it’s not quite football coach Mike Gundy yelling, “I’m a man! I’m 40!” or even John Tortorella snapping off at Larry Brooks, one thing’s for sure, I’m glad I’m not taking part in the Preds’ next practice. Hello bag skate!
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)