Oct 21, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
When you cross Barry Trotz and you happen to be on his team when you tick him off, you’d better get out of the way. After Nashville’s 5-1 loss to Vancouver last night, Trotz sounded off in a big (and pretty hilarious) way to the press afterward.
The Tennessean’s Joshua Cooper dodged the insults and got the quotes we all desire.
On the play of rookie Mattias Ekholm, Trotz was brief.
“I thought he was horrible, just horrible.”
“You’re going to have to line up against the best in the league, if you’re scared of that, get a dog.”
If there’s one thing Trotz was thankful for, it was for Canucks coach Alain Vigneault playing nice with him.
“I want to thank Alain Vigneault for not playing his top two lines the last 10 minutes.”
If you think that Trotz was breaking out the sarcasm there, he wasn’t. Vigneault kept rolling his third and fourth lines late in the game.
A blow up like this is the thing of legend. Seeing a coach so thoroughly disgusted with his team that he not only named names and complimented the opposing coach for taking it easy on them, he capped it off by pulling a Bob Barker-esque spin for the youngsters.
While it’s not quite football coach Mike Gundy yelling, “I’m a man! I’m 40!” or even John Tortorella snapping off at Larry Brooks, one thing’s for sure, I’m glad I’m not taking part in the Preds’ next practice. Hello bag skate!
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8