Oct 21, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
When you cross Barry Trotz and you happen to be on his team when you tick him off, you’d better get out of the way. After Nashville’s 5-1 loss to Vancouver last night, Trotz sounded off in a big (and pretty hilarious) way to the press afterward.
The Tennessean’s Joshua Cooper dodged the insults and got the quotes we all desire.
On the play of rookie Mattias Ekholm, Trotz was brief.
“I thought he was horrible, just horrible.”
“You’re going to have to line up against the best in the league, if you’re scared of that, get a dog.”
If there’s one thing Trotz was thankful for, it was for Canucks coach Alain Vigneault playing nice with him.
“I want to thank Alain Vigneault for not playing his top two lines the last 10 minutes.”
If you think that Trotz was breaking out the sarcasm there, he wasn’t. Vigneault kept rolling his third and fourth lines late in the game.
A blow up like this is the thing of legend. Seeing a coach so thoroughly disgusted with his team that he not only named names and complimented the opposing coach for taking it easy on them, he capped it off by pulling a Bob Barker-esque spin for the youngsters.
While it’s not quite football coach Mike Gundy yelling, “I’m a man! I’m 40!” or even John Tortorella snapping off at Larry Brooks, one thing’s for sure, I’m glad I’m not taking part in the Preds’ next practice. Hello bag skate!
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 1
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 22
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 8
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)