Oct 20, 2011, 10:15 PM EST
After all the frustration and the line changes and the general foul mood in Boston, all it takes is a game and a few goals to get things back on track. Such was the case with the Bruins who saw all of the guys who did very bad things against Carolina stepped up big in beating the Leafs 6-2.
The Bruins got two goals from Zdeno Chara, a goal each for Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton and another quietly brilliant game from Tim Thomas made all the difference for Boston who got the change of pace they were looking for. Helping pour salt in the wounds for Leafs goalie Jonas Gustavsson was none other than Tyler Seguin whose third period goal got the TD Garden crowd fired up chanting, “Thank you, Kessel” for NHL scoring leader and former Bruin Phil Kessel. That grudge is never going to go away as long as the Leafs keep beating Toronto and keeping Kessel off the scoresheet.
It’s a bad game for Toronto and a great one for Boston. Whether this is the one that gets the Bruins’ heads back on straight or not… We’ll see what happens in their next game or two before declaring Chara the smartest guy in the universe for sparking his team or Claude Julien to be a genius for making the changes they needed.
Take a look at Chris Kelly‘s nifty stick and foot work scoring on Gustavsson.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)