Oct 20, 2011, 10:15 PM EST
After all the frustration and the line changes and the general foul mood in Boston, all it takes is a game and a few goals to get things back on track. Such was the case with the Bruins who saw all of the guys who did very bad things against Carolina stepped up big in beating the Leafs 6-2.
The Bruins got two goals from Zdeno Chara, a goal each for Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton and another quietly brilliant game from Tim Thomas made all the difference for Boston who got the change of pace they were looking for. Helping pour salt in the wounds for Leafs goalie Jonas Gustavsson was none other than Tyler Seguin whose third period goal got the TD Garden crowd fired up chanting, “Thank you, Kessel” for NHL scoring leader and former Bruin Phil Kessel. That grudge is never going to go away as long as the Leafs keep beating Toronto and keeping Kessel off the scoresheet.
It’s a bad game for Toronto and a great one for Boston. Whether this is the one that gets the Bruins’ heads back on straight or not… We’ll see what happens in their next game or two before declaring Chara the smartest guy in the universe for sparking his team or Claude Julien to be a genius for making the changes they needed.
Take a look at Chris Kelly‘s nifty stick and foot work scoring on Gustavsson.
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 8
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 3
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 30
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 37
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (37)