Oct 20, 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
After all the frustration and the line changes and the general foul mood in Boston, all it takes is a game and a few goals to get things back on track. Such was the case with the Bruins who saw all of the guys who did very bad things against Carolina stepped up big in beating the Leafs 6-2.
The Bruins got two goals from Zdeno Chara, a goal each for Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton and another quietly brilliant game from Tim Thomas made all the difference for Boston who got the change of pace they were looking for. Helping pour salt in the wounds for Leafs goalie Jonas Gustavsson was none other than Tyler Seguin whose third period goal got the TD Garden crowd fired up chanting, “Thank you, Kessel” for NHL scoring leader and former Bruin Phil Kessel. That grudge is never going to go away as long as the Leafs keep beating Toronto and keeping Kessel off the scoresheet.
It’s a bad game for Toronto and a great one for Boston. Whether this is the one that gets the Bruins’ heads back on straight or not… We’ll see what happens in their next game or two before declaring Chara the smartest guy in the universe for sparking his team or Claude Julien to be a genius for making the changes they needed.
Take a look at Chris Kelly‘s nifty stick and foot work scoring on Gustavsson.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 0
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 2
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination