Oct 20, 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
After all the frustration and the line changes and the general foul mood in Boston, all it takes is a game and a few goals to get things back on track. Such was the case with the Bruins who saw all of the guys who did very bad things against Carolina stepped up big in beating the Leafs 6-2.
The Bruins got two goals from Zdeno Chara, a goal each for Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton and another quietly brilliant game from Tim Thomas made all the difference for Boston who got the change of pace they were looking for. Helping pour salt in the wounds for Leafs goalie Jonas Gustavsson was none other than Tyler Seguin whose third period goal got the TD Garden crowd fired up chanting, “Thank you, Kessel” for NHL scoring leader and former Bruin Phil Kessel. That grudge is never going to go away as long as the Leafs keep beating Toronto and keeping Kessel off the scoresheet.
It’s a bad game for Toronto and a great one for Boston. Whether this is the one that gets the Bruins’ heads back on straight or not… We’ll see what happens in their next game or two before declaring Chara the smartest guy in the universe for sparking his team or Claude Julien to be a genius for making the changes they needed.
Take a look at Chris Kelly‘s nifty stick and foot work scoring on Gustavsson.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)