Oct 20, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin was asked by reporters what would’ve happened if he hadn’t been wearing a visor Monday night in San Jose.
“Oh, my God, I could have lost my eye,” he said. “I could have broken the bone. A lot of things could have happened without it.”
Beauchemin took a Dan Boyle slapper right in the visor against the Sharks. It looked pretty bad at the time, but after getting a few stitches, he was able to return to the game.
In conclusion, hockey players should wear visors.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 61
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)