Oct 20, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin was asked by reporters what would’ve happened if he hadn’t been wearing a visor Monday night in San Jose.
“Oh, my God, I could have lost my eye,” he said. “I could have broken the bone. A lot of things could have happened without it.”
Beauchemin took a Dan Boyle slapper right in the visor against the Sharks. It looked pretty bad at the time, but after getting a few stitches, he was able to return to the game.
In conclusion, hockey players should wear visors.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)