Oct 20, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin was asked by reporters what would’ve happened if he hadn’t been wearing a visor Monday night in San Jose.
“Oh, my God, I could have lost my eye,” he said. “I could have broken the bone. A lot of things could have happened without it.”
Beauchemin took a Dan Boyle slapper right in the visor against the Sharks. It looked pretty bad at the time, but after getting a few stitches, he was able to return to the game.
In conclusion, hockey players should wear visors.
- Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates 1
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 22
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)