Oct 20, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin was asked by reporters what would’ve happened if he hadn’t been wearing a visor Monday night in San Jose.
“Oh, my God, I could have lost my eye,” he said. “I could have broken the bone. A lot of things could have happened without it.”
Beauchemin took a Dan Boyle slapper right in the visor against the Sharks. It looked pretty bad at the time, but after getting a few stitches, he was able to return to the game.
In conclusion, hockey players should wear visors.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 23
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 21
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 39
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)