Oct 20, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin was asked by reporters what would’ve happened if he hadn’t been wearing a visor Monday night in San Jose.
“Oh, my God, I could have lost my eye,” he said. “I could have broken the bone. A lot of things could have happened without it.”
Beauchemin took a Dan Boyle slapper right in the visor against the Sharks. It looked pretty bad at the time, but after getting a few stitches, he was able to return to the game.
In conclusion, hockey players should wear visors.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32