Oct 20, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
You know a team’s off to a bad start when votes of confidence are flying around six games into the season
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Blue Jackets president Mike Priest is fully behind GM Scott Howson and coach Scott Arniel, refusing to judge the team without seeing how it does with key players like James Wisniewski (suspended) and Kristian Huselius (torn chest muscle).
“When we have our whole team assembled, and we have time to digest it, then we’ll be able to really take a hard look and evaluate it,” Priest said.
Howson also gave a vote of confidence to Arniel.
“I think we have a great coaching staff and we’re going to find our way out of this,” said Howson.
The Blue Jackets (0-5-1) are in Detroit tomorrow to take on the undefeated Red Wings. Hey, good luck with that.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 47
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)