Oct 20, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
You know a team’s off to a bad start when votes of confidence are flying around six games into the season
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Blue Jackets president Mike Priest is fully behind GM Scott Howson and coach Scott Arniel, refusing to judge the team without seeing how it does with key players like James Wisniewski (suspended) and Kristian Huselius (torn chest muscle).
“When we have our whole team assembled, and we have time to digest it, then we’ll be able to really take a hard look and evaluate it,” Priest said.
Howson also gave a vote of confidence to Arniel.
“I think we have a great coaching staff and we’re going to find our way out of this,” said Howson.
The Blue Jackets (0-5-1) are in Detroit tomorrow to take on the undefeated Red Wings. Hey, good luck with that.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink (64)