Oct 20, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
You know a team’s off to a bad start when votes of confidence are flying around six games into the season
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Blue Jackets president Mike Priest is fully behind GM Scott Howson and coach Scott Arniel, refusing to judge the team without seeing how it does with key players like James Wisniewski (suspended) and Kristian Huselius (torn chest muscle).
“When we have our whole team assembled, and we have time to digest it, then we’ll be able to really take a hard look and evaluate it,” Priest said.
Howson also gave a vote of confidence to Arniel.
“I think we have a great coaching staff and we’re going to find our way out of this,” said Howson.
The Blue Jackets (0-5-1) are in Detroit tomorrow to take on the undefeated Red Wings. Hey, good luck with that.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 5
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)