Oct 20, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
You know a team’s off to a bad start when votes of confidence are flying around six games into the season
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Blue Jackets president Mike Priest is fully behind GM Scott Howson and coach Scott Arniel, refusing to judge the team without seeing how it does with key players like James Wisniewski (suspended) and Kristian Huselius (torn chest muscle).
“When we have our whole team assembled, and we have time to digest it, then we’ll be able to really take a hard look and evaluate it,” Priest said.
Howson also gave a vote of confidence to Arniel.
“I think we have a great coaching staff and we’re going to find our way out of this,” said Howson.
The Blue Jackets (0-5-1) are in Detroit tomorrow to take on the undefeated Red Wings. Hey, good luck with that.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 0
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 18
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 7
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 55
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)