Oct 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
With the Habs struggling early in the year, getting Cammalleri back to action to help their offense find their way is a huge relief. Cammalleri’s return also means bad things for Pittsburgh as he’s been a nightmare for the Penguins to deal with the last two years.
Last season in three games against Pittsburgh, Cammalleri had three goals and an assist as the Habs won all three of those games. Two years ago, Cammalleri was the main offensive weapon against Pittsburgh in the playoffs scoring seven goals and adding an assist in the seven game series that saw the Canadiens upset the Pens.
Cammalleri’s sudden return is a bit of a surprise as he was initially reported to be out for a few weeks thanks to the laceration on his leg courtesy of an errant Yannick Weber skate blade. Perhaps the exchange rate helps make it so that a few weeks means less than a week and a half.
The Penguins had better be ready to shadow #13 tonight, he’s the guy that helps the Habs go.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5