Oct 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
With the Habs struggling early in the year, getting Cammalleri back to action to help their offense find their way is a huge relief. Cammalleri’s return also means bad things for Pittsburgh as he’s been a nightmare for the Penguins to deal with the last two years.
Last season in three games against Pittsburgh, Cammalleri had three goals and an assist as the Habs won all three of those games. Two years ago, Cammalleri was the main offensive weapon against Pittsburgh in the playoffs scoring seven goals and adding an assist in the seven game series that saw the Canadiens upset the Pens.
Cammalleri’s sudden return is a bit of a surprise as he was initially reported to be out for a few weeks thanks to the laceration on his leg courtesy of an errant Yannick Weber skate blade. Perhaps the exchange rate helps make it so that a few weeks means less than a week and a half.
The Penguins had better be ready to shadow #13 tonight, he’s the guy that helps the Habs go.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)