Oct 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
With the Habs struggling early in the year, getting Cammalleri back to action to help their offense find their way is a huge relief. Cammalleri’s return also means bad things for Pittsburgh as he’s been a nightmare for the Penguins to deal with the last two years.
Last season in three games against Pittsburgh, Cammalleri had three goals and an assist as the Habs won all three of those games. Two years ago, Cammalleri was the main offensive weapon against Pittsburgh in the playoffs scoring seven goals and adding an assist in the seven game series that saw the Canadiens upset the Pens.
Cammalleri’s sudden return is a bit of a surprise as he was initially reported to be out for a few weeks thanks to the laceration on his leg courtesy of an errant Yannick Weber skate blade. Perhaps the exchange rate helps make it so that a few weeks means less than a week and a half.
The Penguins had better be ready to shadow #13 tonight, he’s the guy that helps the Habs go.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)