Oct 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
With the Habs struggling early in the year, getting Cammalleri back to action to help their offense find their way is a huge relief. Cammalleri’s return also means bad things for Pittsburgh as he’s been a nightmare for the Penguins to deal with the last two years.
Last season in three games against Pittsburgh, Cammalleri had three goals and an assist as the Habs won all three of those games. Two years ago, Cammalleri was the main offensive weapon against Pittsburgh in the playoffs scoring seven goals and adding an assist in the seven game series that saw the Canadiens upset the Pens.
Cammalleri’s sudden return is a bit of a surprise as he was initially reported to be out for a few weeks thanks to the laceration on his leg courtesy of an errant Yannick Weber skate blade. Perhaps the exchange rate helps make it so that a few weeks means less than a week and a half.
The Penguins had better be ready to shadow #13 tonight, he’s the guy that helps the Habs go.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)