Oct 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
With the Habs struggling early in the year, getting Cammalleri back to action to help their offense find their way is a huge relief. Cammalleri’s return also means bad things for Pittsburgh as he’s been a nightmare for the Penguins to deal with the last two years.
Last season in three games against Pittsburgh, Cammalleri had three goals and an assist as the Habs won all three of those games. Two years ago, Cammalleri was the main offensive weapon against Pittsburgh in the playoffs scoring seven goals and adding an assist in the seven game series that saw the Canadiens upset the Pens.
Cammalleri’s sudden return is a bit of a surprise as he was initially reported to be out for a few weeks thanks to the laceration on his leg courtesy of an errant Yannick Weber skate blade. Perhaps the exchange rate helps make it so that a few weeks means less than a week and a half.
The Penguins had better be ready to shadow #13 tonight, he’s the guy that helps the Habs go.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)