Oct 19, 2011, 12:41 AM EST
Prior to the start of tonight’s game against the New York Rangers, the Vancouver Canucks had a video presentation honoring the life and times of Rick Rypien.
Rypien passed away this summer at his home in Alberta at the age of 27.
In addition to the video, the Canucks honored Rypien’s legacy with a $50,000 donation for a website designed to help young people deal with depression and other mental-health issues.
The Canucks also wore a commemorative patch for the game — “Ryp 37″ — that Jason wrote about earlier.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32