Oct 19, 2011, 12:41 AM EDT
Prior to the start of tonight’s game against the New York Rangers, the Vancouver Canucks had a video presentation honoring the life and times of Rick Rypien.
Rypien passed away this summer at his home in Alberta at the age of 27.
In addition to the video, the Canucks honored Rypien’s legacy with a $50,000 donation for a website designed to help young people deal with depression and other mental-health issues.
The Canucks also wore a commemorative patch for the game — “Ryp 37″ — that Jason wrote about earlier.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 4
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 41
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (76)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)