Oct 19, 2011, 12:41 AM EST
Prior to the start of tonight’s game against the New York Rangers, the Vancouver Canucks had a video presentation honoring the life and times of Rick Rypien.
Rypien passed away this summer at his home in Alberta at the age of 27.
In addition to the video, the Canucks honored Rypien’s legacy with a $50,000 donation for a website designed to help young people deal with depression and other mental-health issues.
The Canucks also wore a commemorative patch for the game — “Ryp 37″ — that Jason wrote about earlier.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10