Oct 19, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
The Penguins proved tonight that they’re at their most dangerous when they’re fighting off loads of injuries. With all their skating wounded out of the lineup as well as the Shanabanned Kris Letang, they can still get it done as they beat the Wild 4-2 in Minnesota.
Chris Kunitz got things started for Pittsburgh with his first goal of the season. He kind of needed that.
Brent Johnson did well to hold down the fort including these beautiful stops in the third period.
As for the rest of the highlights, we’ve got you covered.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2