Oct 19, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
The Penguins proved tonight that they’re at their most dangerous when they’re fighting off loads of injuries. With all their skating wounded out of the lineup as well as the Shanabanned Kris Letang, they can still get it done as they beat the Wild 4-2 in Minnesota.
Chris Kunitz got things started for Pittsburgh with his first goal of the season. He kind of needed that.
Brent Johnson did well to hold down the fort including these beautiful stops in the third period.
As for the rest of the highlights, we’ve got you covered.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5