Oct 19, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
The Penguins proved tonight that they’re at their most dangerous when they’re fighting off loads of injuries. With all their skating wounded out of the lineup as well as the Shanabanned Kris Letang, they can still get it done as they beat the Wild 4-2 in Minnesota.
Chris Kunitz got things started for Pittsburgh with his first goal of the season. He kind of needed that.
Brent Johnson did well to hold down the fort including these beautiful stops in the third period.
As for the rest of the highlights, we’ve got you covered.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 50
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)