Oct 19, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
The Penguins proved tonight that they’re at their most dangerous when they’re fighting off loads of injuries. With all their skating wounded out of the lineup as well as the Shanabanned Kris Letang, they can still get it done as they beat the Wild 4-2 in Minnesota.
Chris Kunitz got things started for Pittsburgh with his first goal of the season. He kind of needed that.
Brent Johnson did well to hold down the fort including these beautiful stops in the third period.
As for the rest of the highlights, we’ve got you covered.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)