Oct 19, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
Via Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News, a reminder that we’re days away from learning if the Dallas Stars will belong to Vancouver businessman Tom Gaglardi.
Gaglardi has already bid around $267 million for the bankrupt team. Now other bidders have until Saturday to exceed Gaglardi’s bid.
Bankruptcy court is very exciting.
And what happens if somebody outbids Gaglardi? Heika explains:
Once a bidder submits himself as a person with a bid $10 million more than Gaglardi’s bid of approximately $267 million, he must then be vetted by the league and the lenders, and that process will take almost another month. The bidder would be alerted by Nov. 19 whether or not he qualifies to participate in an auction, and then the auction would take place in Texas on Nov. 23.
So…this could continue to drag on.
Dallas fans are obviously hoping this all gets sorted soon. According to capgeek.com, the Stars have the lowest cap payroll in the NHL. If they can stay in the playoff hunt, maybe a new owner would be willing to take on some salary before the trade deadline.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)