Oct 19, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
Via Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News, a reminder that we’re days away from learning if the Dallas Stars will belong to Vancouver businessman Tom Gaglardi.
Gaglardi has already bid around $267 million for the bankrupt team. Now other bidders have until Saturday to exceed Gaglardi’s bid.
Bankruptcy court is very exciting.
And what happens if somebody outbids Gaglardi? Heika explains:
Once a bidder submits himself as a person with a bid $10 million more than Gaglardi’s bid of approximately $267 million, he must then be vetted by the league and the lenders, and that process will take almost another month. The bidder would be alerted by Nov. 19 whether or not he qualifies to participate in an auction, and then the auction would take place in Texas on Nov. 23.
So…this could continue to drag on.
Dallas fans are obviously hoping this all gets sorted soon. According to capgeek.com, the Stars have the lowest cap payroll in the NHL. If they can stay in the playoff hunt, maybe a new owner would be willing to take on some salary before the trade deadline.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)