Oct 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Meanwhile, check out the snazzy hat on Lundqvist during post game. (via @adam_cg on Twitter)
The Blue Jackets have won just one game in regulation their last 28 games. Holy crap that’s terrible. (NBC Sports)
Chicago showed Phoenix that they’re a bit better than the Jets winning 5-2. (CSNChicago.com)
Calgary hasn’t traded everyone away yet. Good thing too since they beat Edmonton late. (Edmonton Journal)
The world’s oldest hockey stick is up for auction. It dates back to the 1830’s. Think you’ve got the bucks to get it? Good luck.
Is Columbus shopping around to break their slump? Desperation is a stinky cologne. (Pierre LeBrun)
Finally, here’s a look at the sights and sounds around the league from Tuesday night’s action.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 12
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 9
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 4
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8