Oct 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Meanwhile, check out the snazzy hat on Lundqvist during post game. (via @adam_cg on Twitter)
The Blue Jackets have won just one game in regulation their last 28 games. Holy crap that’s terrible. (NBC Sports)
Chicago showed Phoenix that they’re a bit better than the Jets winning 5-2. (CSNChicago.com)
Calgary hasn’t traded everyone away yet. Good thing too since they beat Edmonton late. (Edmonton Journal)
The world’s oldest hockey stick is up for auction. It dates back to the 1830’s. Think you’ve got the bucks to get it? Good luck.
Is Columbus shopping around to break their slump? Desperation is a stinky cologne. (Pierre LeBrun)
Finally, here’s a look at the sights and sounds around the league from Tuesday night’s action.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 2
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 7
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 12
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 33
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)