Oct 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Meanwhile, check out the snazzy hat on Lundqvist during post game. (via @adam_cg on Twitter)
The Blue Jackets have won just one game in regulation their last 28 games. Holy crap that’s terrible. (NBC Sports)
Chicago showed Phoenix that they’re a bit better than the Jets winning 5-2. (CSNChicago.com)
Calgary hasn’t traded everyone away yet. Good thing too since they beat Edmonton late. (Edmonton Journal)
The world’s oldest hockey stick is up for auction. It dates back to the 1830’s. Think you’ve got the bucks to get it? Good luck.
Is Columbus shopping around to break their slump? Desperation is a stinky cologne. (Pierre LeBrun)
Finally, here’s a look at the sights and sounds around the league from Tuesday night’s action.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)