Oct 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Meanwhile, check out the snazzy hat on Lundqvist during post game. (via @adam_cg on Twitter)
The Blue Jackets have won just one game in regulation their last 28 games. Holy crap that’s terrible. (NBC Sports)
Chicago showed Phoenix that they’re a bit better than the Jets winning 5-2. (CSNChicago.com)
Calgary hasn’t traded everyone away yet. Good thing too since they beat Edmonton late. (Edmonton Journal)
The world’s oldest hockey stick is up for auction. It dates back to the 1830’s. Think you’ve got the bucks to get it? Good luck.
Is Columbus shopping around to break their slump? Desperation is a stinky cologne. (Pierre LeBrun)
Finally, here’s a look at the sights and sounds around the league from Tuesday night’s action.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)