Oct 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Meanwhile, check out the snazzy hat on Lundqvist during post game. (via @adam_cg on Twitter)
The Blue Jackets have won just one game in regulation their last 28 games. Holy crap that’s terrible. (NBC Sports)
Chicago showed Phoenix that they’re a bit better than the Jets winning 5-2. (CSNChicago.com)
Calgary hasn’t traded everyone away yet. Good thing too since they beat Edmonton late. (Edmonton Journal)
The world’s oldest hockey stick is up for auction. It dates back to the 1830’s. Think you’ve got the bucks to get it? Good luck.
Is Columbus shopping around to break their slump? Desperation is a stinky cologne. (Pierre LeBrun)
Finally, here’s a look at the sights and sounds around the league from Tuesday night’s action.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5