Oct 19, 2011, 5:41 PM EST
Well, that’s where he’s going.
Kadri, 21, suffered a knee injury on Sept. 27 in a preseason game and has been forced to watch from the sidelines as the Leafs jumped out to a 3-0-1 record.
Another thing he’s been forced to watch is rookie Matt Frattin generate a bunch of scoring chances, all the while impressing coach Ron Wilson.
Kadri was drafted seventh overall by the Leafs in 2009. He spent most of last season – his first full season as a professional – with the Marlies, scoring 17 goals and adding 24 assists in 44 games. In 29 games with the Leafs, he had just three goals and nine assists.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)