Oct 19, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
Well, that’s where he’s going.
Kadri, 21, suffered a knee injury on Sept. 27 in a preseason game and has been forced to watch from the sidelines as the Leafs jumped out to a 3-0-1 record.
Another thing he’s been forced to watch is rookie Matt Frattin generate a bunch of scoring chances, all the while impressing coach Ron Wilson.
Kadri was drafted seventh overall by the Leafs in 2009. He spent most of last season – his first full season as a professional – with the Marlies, scoring 17 goals and adding 24 assists in 44 games. In 29 games with the Leafs, he had just three goals and nine assists.
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)