Oct 19, 2011, 5:41 PM EST
Well, that’s where he’s going.
Kadri, 21, suffered a knee injury on Sept. 27 in a preseason game and has been forced to watch from the sidelines as the Leafs jumped out to a 3-0-1 record.
Another thing he’s been forced to watch is rookie Matt Frattin generate a bunch of scoring chances, all the while impressing coach Ron Wilson.
Kadri was drafted seventh overall by the Leafs in 2009. He spent most of last season – his first full season as a professional – with the Marlies, scoring 17 goals and adding 24 assists in 44 games. In 29 games with the Leafs, he had just three goals and nine assists.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2