Oct 19, 2011, 5:41 PM EST
Well, that’s where he’s going.
Kadri, 21, suffered a knee injury on Sept. 27 in a preseason game and has been forced to watch from the sidelines as the Leafs jumped out to a 3-0-1 record.
Another thing he’s been forced to watch is rookie Matt Frattin generate a bunch of scoring chances, all the while impressing coach Ron Wilson.
Kadri was drafted seventh overall by the Leafs in 2009. He spent most of last season – his first full season as a professional – with the Marlies, scoring 17 goals and adding 24 assists in 44 games. In 29 games with the Leafs, he had just three goals and nine assists.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)