Oct 19, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
Players are a bit frustrated in Boston and the punches the Carolina Hurricanes took for that last night are proof of that. The losses the Bruins have piled up point in that direction as well, but there’s a reason to look on the bright side of life in Beantown: David Krejci is on the way back to action.
Krejci is 50/50 to return for Thursday night’s game against Toronto and with the Bruins stuck in a rut, his return to action is a welcome one. CSNNewEngland.com’s Joe Haggerty spoke with Krejci to find out where he’s at in returning from a “core injury” and he’s feeling positive, a feeling that hasn’t been floating around much in the Bruins locker room lately.
Krejci returning means he likely gets his spot back on the top line with Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. Settling that line down and bringing them some peace is just what the Bruins need. Their out of control play against Carolina showed that they’re itchy to get back to playing physical and scoring goals.
Krejci getting back in the lineup makes the Bruins a better, more cohesive team. Without him, they’re scrambling a bit to get things together. Tyler Seguin has played well when given the minutes and guys like Chris Kelly are OK to plug in to shake things up mid-game, but those aren’t the permanent solutions. Getting everything back in its right place will help the Bruins not be quite as frustrated with each other. Save that kind of punchy play for the opponents.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63