Oct 19, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
Players are a bit frustrated in Boston and the punches the Carolina Hurricanes took for that last night are proof of that. The losses the Bruins have piled up point in that direction as well, but there’s a reason to look on the bright side of life in Beantown: David Krejci is on the way back to action.
Krejci is 50/50 to return for Thursday night’s game against Toronto and with the Bruins stuck in a rut, his return to action is a welcome one. CSNNewEngland.com’s Joe Haggerty spoke with Krejci to find out where he’s at in returning from a “core injury” and he’s feeling positive, a feeling that hasn’t been floating around much in the Bruins locker room lately.
Krejci returning means he likely gets his spot back on the top line with Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. Settling that line down and bringing them some peace is just what the Bruins need. Their out of control play against Carolina showed that they’re itchy to get back to playing physical and scoring goals.
Krejci getting back in the lineup makes the Bruins a better, more cohesive team. Without him, they’re scrambling a bit to get things together. Tyler Seguin has played well when given the minutes and guys like Chris Kelly are OK to plug in to shake things up mid-game, but those aren’t the permanent solutions. Getting everything back in its right place will help the Bruins not be quite as frustrated with each other. Save that kind of punchy play for the opponents.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)