Oct 19, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
Players are a bit frustrated in Boston and the punches the Carolina Hurricanes took for that last night are proof of that. The losses the Bruins have piled up point in that direction as well, but there’s a reason to look on the bright side of life in Beantown: David Krejci is on the way back to action.
Krejci is 50/50 to return for Thursday night’s game against Toronto and with the Bruins stuck in a rut, his return to action is a welcome one. CSNNewEngland.com’s Joe Haggerty spoke with Krejci to find out where he’s at in returning from a “core injury” and he’s feeling positive, a feeling that hasn’t been floating around much in the Bruins locker room lately.
Krejci returning means he likely gets his spot back on the top line with Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton. Settling that line down and bringing them some peace is just what the Bruins need. Their out of control play against Carolina showed that they’re itchy to get back to playing physical and scoring goals.
Krejci getting back in the lineup makes the Bruins a better, more cohesive team. Without him, they’re scrambling a bit to get things together. Tyler Seguin has played well when given the minutes and guys like Chris Kelly are OK to plug in to shake things up mid-game, but those aren’t the permanent solutions. Getting everything back in its right place will help the Bruins not be quite as frustrated with each other. Save that kind of punchy play for the opponents.
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 9
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 17
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 96
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (95)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games