Oct 18, 2011, 10:31 PM EST
Tomas Vokoun showed his old team that he is, indeed, still a fantastic goalie. Vokoun pitched a shutout, his first of the year and first with the Capitals, as the Caps rolled the Panthers 3-0 and improved their record to 5-0-0 to start the year. Vokoun only had to stop 20 shots to get the shutout and helped the Capitals to the best start in franchise history.
The other fun show in this one was the skills of Alex Semin. Semin was dogged by former teammate, and current Panther, Matt Bradley before the season with Bradley saying that Semin didn’t care much for winning. Semin had the final say tonight scoring a beauty of a goal and burning Bradley in the process.
Instead of throwing fuel on the fire after the game, Semin opted to not discuss Bradley’s verbal bombs, wishing to put the drama to rest. All that aside, Semin really put one over on Bradley with this electric goal beating rookie Jacob Markstrom.
That’s not too bad. As for the rest of the game’s highlights, we’ve got your hookup.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)