Oct 18, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun showed his old team that he is, indeed, still a fantastic goalie. Vokoun pitched a shutout, his first of the year and first with the Capitals, as the Caps rolled the Panthers 3-0 and improved their record to 5-0-0 to start the year. Vokoun only had to stop 20 shots to get the shutout and helped the Capitals to the best start in franchise history.
The other fun show in this one was the skills of Alex Semin. Semin was dogged by former teammate, and current Panther, Matt Bradley before the season with Bradley saying that Semin didn’t care much for winning. Semin had the final say tonight scoring a beauty of a goal and burning Bradley in the process.
Instead of throwing fuel on the fire after the game, Semin opted to not discuss Bradley’s verbal bombs, wishing to put the drama to rest. All that aside, Semin really put one over on Bradley with this electric goal beating rookie Jacob Markstrom.
That’s not too bad. As for the rest of the game’s highlights, we’ve got your hookup.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3