Oct 18, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun showed his old team that he is, indeed, still a fantastic goalie. Vokoun pitched a shutout, his first of the year and first with the Capitals, as the Caps rolled the Panthers 3-0 and improved their record to 5-0-0 to start the year. Vokoun only had to stop 20 shots to get the shutout and helped the Capitals to the best start in franchise history.
The other fun show in this one was the skills of Alex Semin. Semin was dogged by former teammate, and current Panther, Matt Bradley before the season with Bradley saying that Semin didn’t care much for winning. Semin had the final say tonight scoring a beauty of a goal and burning Bradley in the process.
Instead of throwing fuel on the fire after the game, Semin opted to not discuss Bradley’s verbal bombs, wishing to put the drama to rest. All that aside, Semin really put one over on Bradley with this electric goal beating rookie Jacob Markstrom.
That’s not too bad. As for the rest of the game’s highlights, we’ve got your hookup.
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 9
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 6
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 32
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)