Oct 18, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun showed his old team that he is, indeed, still a fantastic goalie. Vokoun pitched a shutout, his first of the year and first with the Capitals, as the Caps rolled the Panthers 3-0 and improved their record to 5-0-0 to start the year. Vokoun only had to stop 20 shots to get the shutout and helped the Capitals to the best start in franchise history.
The other fun show in this one was the skills of Alex Semin. Semin was dogged by former teammate, and current Panther, Matt Bradley before the season with Bradley saying that Semin didn’t care much for winning. Semin had the final say tonight scoring a beauty of a goal and burning Bradley in the process.
Instead of throwing fuel on the fire after the game, Semin opted to not discuss Bradley’s verbal bombs, wishing to put the drama to rest. All that aside, Semin really put one over on Bradley with this electric goal beating rookie Jacob Markstrom.
That’s not too bad. As for the rest of the game’s highlights, we’ve got your hookup.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 34
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)