Oct 18, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun showed his old team that he is, indeed, still a fantastic goalie. Vokoun pitched a shutout, his first of the year and first with the Capitals, as the Caps rolled the Panthers 3-0 and improved their record to 5-0-0 to start the year. Vokoun only had to stop 20 shots to get the shutout and helped the Capitals to the best start in franchise history.
The other fun show in this one was the skills of Alex Semin. Semin was dogged by former teammate, and current Panther, Matt Bradley before the season with Bradley saying that Semin didn’t care much for winning. Semin had the final say tonight scoring a beauty of a goal and burning Bradley in the process.
Instead of throwing fuel on the fire after the game, Semin opted to not discuss Bradley’s verbal bombs, wishing to put the drama to rest. All that aside, Semin really put one over on Bradley with this electric goal beating rookie Jacob Markstrom.
That’s not too bad. As for the rest of the game’s highlights, we’ve got your hookup.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)