Oct 18, 2011, 8:27 AM EST
It’s funny when we get all impatient waiting for goals from NHL legends still playing in the league. Sometimes when we’re busy hoping they’ll start piling on the goals, they’ll actually pull it off. Such was the case for Teemu Selanne last night against the Sharks as he broke out into the goal column twice in helping the Ducks win in San Jose 3-2.
Selanne’s two goals give him 639 in his career and sits one goal behind Dave Andreychuk for 13th all-time. Selanne also helped prove to us that patience is a virtue. The Ducks got the win thanks to Corey Perry‘s laser wrister past Antti Niemi in the third period and Dan Ellis played strong stopping 41 shots and holding off a late rally to get the win.
As always though, we’re Teemu marks here and we get a bit carried away with our fanaticism at times. With all that said, here’s a look at Selanne’s first tally of the year.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)