Oct 18, 2011, 8:27 AM EDT
It’s funny when we get all impatient waiting for goals from NHL legends still playing in the league. Sometimes when we’re busy hoping they’ll start piling on the goals, they’ll actually pull it off. Such was the case for Teemu Selanne last night against the Sharks as he broke out into the goal column twice in helping the Ducks win in San Jose 3-2.
Selanne’s two goals give him 639 in his career and sits one goal behind Dave Andreychuk for 13th all-time. Selanne also helped prove to us that patience is a virtue. The Ducks got the win thanks to Corey Perry‘s laser wrister past Antti Niemi in the third period and Dan Ellis played strong stopping 41 shots and holding off a late rally to get the win.
As always though, we’re Teemu marks here and we get a bit carried away with our fanaticism at times. With all that said, here’s a look at Selanne’s first tally of the year.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)