Oct 18, 2011, 8:27 AM EST
It’s funny when we get all impatient waiting for goals from NHL legends still playing in the league. Sometimes when we’re busy hoping they’ll start piling on the goals, they’ll actually pull it off. Such was the case for Teemu Selanne last night against the Sharks as he broke out into the goal column twice in helping the Ducks win in San Jose 3-2.
Selanne’s two goals give him 639 in his career and sits one goal behind Dave Andreychuk for 13th all-time. Selanne also helped prove to us that patience is a virtue. The Ducks got the win thanks to Corey Perry‘s laser wrister past Antti Niemi in the third period and Dan Ellis played strong stopping 41 shots and holding off a late rally to get the win.
As always though, we’re Teemu marks here and we get a bit carried away with our fanaticism at times. With all that said, here’s a look at Selanne’s first tally of the year.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 9
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)