Oct 18, 2011, 8:27 AM EDT
It’s funny when we get all impatient waiting for goals from NHL legends still playing in the league. Sometimes when we’re busy hoping they’ll start piling on the goals, they’ll actually pull it off. Such was the case for Teemu Selanne last night against the Sharks as he broke out into the goal column twice in helping the Ducks win in San Jose 3-2.
Selanne’s two goals give him 639 in his career and sits one goal behind Dave Andreychuk for 13th all-time. Selanne also helped prove to us that patience is a virtue. The Ducks got the win thanks to Corey Perry‘s laser wrister past Antti Niemi in the third period and Dan Ellis played strong stopping 41 shots and holding off a late rally to get the win.
As always though, we’re Teemu marks here and we get a bit carried away with our fanaticism at times. With all that said, here’s a look at Selanne’s first tally of the year.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)