Oct 18, 2011, 8:27 AM EST
It’s funny when we get all impatient waiting for goals from NHL legends still playing in the league. Sometimes when we’re busy hoping they’ll start piling on the goals, they’ll actually pull it off. Such was the case for Teemu Selanne last night against the Sharks as he broke out into the goal column twice in helping the Ducks win in San Jose 3-2.
Selanne’s two goals give him 639 in his career and sits one goal behind Dave Andreychuk for 13th all-time. Selanne also helped prove to us that patience is a virtue. The Ducks got the win thanks to Corey Perry‘s laser wrister past Antti Niemi in the third period and Dan Ellis played strong stopping 41 shots and holding off a late rally to get the win.
As always though, we’re Teemu marks here and we get a bit carried away with our fanaticism at times. With all that said, here’s a look at Selanne’s first tally of the year.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)