Oct 18, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
Kris Letang has a meeting with the NHL today to discuss the boarding penalty he took in the third period of the Penguins’ 2-1 loss to Winnipeg. There, Letang hit Alex Burmistrov from behind earning a minor penalty for boarding and drawing the attention of the league for what was a reckless hit.
While Brendan Shanahan was busy suspending players during the preseason, he has yet to get anyone in the regular season for running afoul of the law. Kris Letang could change all that, however.
If Letang gets sat down by Shanahan, the Penguins will be even more shorthanded heading into tonight’s game against Minnesota. The Penguins are already without Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, Dustin Jeffrey, Brooks Orpik, and likely Tyler Kennedy as well. Losing their top point-producing defenseman in Letang would help the Pens look more like an AHL team than an NHL team. We’re sure the Wild wouldn’t mind that too much.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)