Oct 18, 2011, 7:12 PM EST
It’s a pretty big coup for the ‘Hawks. The second line of Hossa, Patrick Kane and Daniel Carcillo was off to a white-hot start, including a dynamic performance against Winnipeg last Thursday. The three combined for six points and a plus-six rating — all told, they’ve racked up 10 points in four games. More impressively, the line has turned Carcillo into a semi-productive member of the National Hockey League.
Speaking of Car Bomb, tonight should be interesting for him as he returns to his old stomping ground in Glendale. Carcillo broke into the NHL with Phoenix in 2006 under then-head coach Wayne Gretzky, and went on to register nearly 600 penalty minutes in 129 games.
While he never played for current ‘Yotes bench boss Dave Tippett, several of Carcillo’s ex-Phoenix mates are still there — Shane Doan, Martin Hanzal, Keith Yandle, Derek Morris and David Schlemko, to name a few.
And in case you forgot how Carcillo made a name for himself as a Coyote, here’s a refresher:
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)