Oct 18, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
It’s a pretty big coup for the ‘Hawks. The second line of Hossa, Patrick Kane and Daniel Carcillo was off to a white-hot start, including a dynamic performance against Winnipeg last Thursday. The three combined for six points and a plus-six rating — all told, they’ve racked up 10 points in four games. More impressively, the line has turned Carcillo into a semi-productive member of the National Hockey League.
Speaking of Car Bomb, tonight should be interesting for him as he returns to his old stomping ground in Glendale. Carcillo broke into the NHL with Phoenix in 2006 under then-head coach Wayne Gretzky, and went on to register nearly 600 penalty minutes in 129 games.
While he never played for current ‘Yotes bench boss Dave Tippett, several of Carcillo’s ex-Phoenix mates are still there — Shane Doan, Martin Hanzal, Keith Yandle, Derek Morris and David Schlemko, to name a few.
And in case you forgot how Carcillo made a name for himself as a Coyote, here’s a refresher:
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)