Oct 18, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
It’s a pretty big coup for the ‘Hawks. The second line of Hossa, Patrick Kane and Daniel Carcillo was off to a white-hot start, including a dynamic performance against Winnipeg last Thursday. The three combined for six points and a plus-six rating — all told, they’ve racked up 10 points in four games. More impressively, the line has turned Carcillo into a semi-productive member of the National Hockey League.
Speaking of Car Bomb, tonight should be interesting for him as he returns to his old stomping ground in Glendale. Carcillo broke into the NHL with Phoenix in 2006 under then-head coach Wayne Gretzky, and went on to register nearly 600 penalty minutes in 129 games.
While he never played for current ‘Yotes bench boss Dave Tippett, several of Carcillo’s ex-Phoenix mates are still there — Shane Doan, Martin Hanzal, Keith Yandle, Derek Morris and David Schlemko, to name a few.
And in case you forgot how Carcillo made a name for himself as a Coyote, here’s a refresher:
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)