Oct 18, 2011, 7:12 PM EST
It’s a pretty big coup for the ‘Hawks. The second line of Hossa, Patrick Kane and Daniel Carcillo was off to a white-hot start, including a dynamic performance against Winnipeg last Thursday. The three combined for six points and a plus-six rating — all told, they’ve racked up 10 points in four games. More impressively, the line has turned Carcillo into a semi-productive member of the National Hockey League.
Speaking of Car Bomb, tonight should be interesting for him as he returns to his old stomping ground in Glendale. Carcillo broke into the NHL with Phoenix in 2006 under then-head coach Wayne Gretzky, and went on to register nearly 600 penalty minutes in 129 games.
While he never played for current ‘Yotes bench boss Dave Tippett, several of Carcillo’s ex-Phoenix mates are still there — Shane Doan, Martin Hanzal, Keith Yandle, Derek Morris and David Schlemko, to name a few.
And in case you forgot how Carcillo made a name for himself as a Coyote, here’s a refresher:
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)