Oct 18, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
It’s a pretty big coup for the ‘Hawks. The second line of Hossa, Patrick Kane and Daniel Carcillo was off to a white-hot start, including a dynamic performance against Winnipeg last Thursday. The three combined for six points and a plus-six rating — all told, they’ve racked up 10 points in four games. More impressively, the line has turned Carcillo into a semi-productive member of the National Hockey League.
Speaking of Car Bomb, tonight should be interesting for him as he returns to his old stomping ground in Glendale. Carcillo broke into the NHL with Phoenix in 2006 under then-head coach Wayne Gretzky, and went on to register nearly 600 penalty minutes in 129 games.
While he never played for current ‘Yotes bench boss Dave Tippett, several of Carcillo’s ex-Phoenix mates are still there — Shane Doan, Martin Hanzal, Keith Yandle, Derek Morris and David Schlemko, to name a few.
And in case you forgot how Carcillo made a name for himself as a Coyote, here’s a refresher:
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)