Oct 18, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
Flames GM Jay Feaster has a lot of things he’d like to get done in Calgary before too long. His main goal in Calgary is to try and get rid of a lot of the bad money they have on their payroll and there’s a few ways he can go about that. One of them, according to Bruce Garrioch, is dealing away center Matt Stajan.
There’s a Radiohead song with lyrics for Feaster about all this: “Don’t get any big ideas/They’re not gonna happen”
The Flames’ distaste for Stajan’s play in Calgary is well known and even during training camp this year, Flames coach Brent Sutter made it rather clear he’d rather not have Stajan around to muck things up for him.
Garrioch also hints that the Flames would happily move Olli Jokinen if they could and would also move guys like David Moss and Niklas Hagman as well. That Dion Phaneuf trade two years ago is really looking like a winner now.
We’re sure that Feaster would like to get all of these guys out of town and get something useful in return, but hoping and being able to pull it off are two entirely different things. We hope that a bag of money or a pony will show up for us all the time but alas, we’re poor and pony-free just the same.
If Feaster is going to get something done, he’d better burn up those phone lines.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5