Oct 18, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
Flames GM Jay Feaster has a lot of things he’d like to get done in Calgary before too long. His main goal in Calgary is to try and get rid of a lot of the bad money they have on their payroll and there’s a few ways he can go about that. One of them, according to Bruce Garrioch, is dealing away center Matt Stajan.
There’s a Radiohead song with lyrics for Feaster about all this: “Don’t get any big ideas/They’re not gonna happen”
The Flames’ distaste for Stajan’s play in Calgary is well known and even during training camp this year, Flames coach Brent Sutter made it rather clear he’d rather not have Stajan around to muck things up for him.
Garrioch also hints that the Flames would happily move Olli Jokinen if they could and would also move guys like David Moss and Niklas Hagman as well. That Dion Phaneuf trade two years ago is really looking like a winner now.
We’re sure that Feaster would like to get all of these guys out of town and get something useful in return, but hoping and being able to pull it off are two entirely different things. We hope that a bag of money or a pony will show up for us all the time but alas, we’re poor and pony-free just the same.
If Feaster is going to get something done, he’d better burn up those phone lines.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12