Oct 18, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
Flames GM Jay Feaster has a lot of things he’d like to get done in Calgary before too long. His main goal in Calgary is to try and get rid of a lot of the bad money they have on their payroll and there’s a few ways he can go about that. One of them, according to Bruce Garrioch, is dealing away center Matt Stajan.
There’s a Radiohead song with lyrics for Feaster about all this: “Don’t get any big ideas/They’re not gonna happen”
The Flames’ distaste for Stajan’s play in Calgary is well known and even during training camp this year, Flames coach Brent Sutter made it rather clear he’d rather not have Stajan around to muck things up for him.
Garrioch also hints that the Flames would happily move Olli Jokinen if they could and would also move guys like David Moss and Niklas Hagman as well. That Dion Phaneuf trade two years ago is really looking like a winner now.
We’re sure that Feaster would like to get all of these guys out of town and get something useful in return, but hoping and being able to pull it off are two entirely different things. We hope that a bag of money or a pony will show up for us all the time but alas, we’re poor and pony-free just the same.
If Feaster is going to get something done, he’d better burn up those phone lines.
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)