Oct 18, 2011, 10:02 AM EST
Dwayne Roloson may be 42 years-old this season, but he came into it with high hopes of leading the Lightning even deeper into the playoffs than last year. So far, things aren’t exactly working out that way for the veteran goalie. Through four games Roloson has allowed 18 goals and the Lightning have been giving out wins to opponents like Halloween candy.
Roloson’s numbers so far this year are staggeringly poor and after the Panthers dumped seven goals on Tampa Bay last night, it’s looking like coach Guy Boucher is going to have a major question to answer in goal if Roloson continues to look a step behind in his play.
Tampa Bay has Mathieu Garon as Roloson’s backup, but with Roloson playing as poorly as he is and Garon not exactly viewed as being a #1 goalie, you wonder if GM Steve Yzerman could be taking a look towards Marty Turco if things with Roloson continue to decline.
It could be a case of early season creaks and groans for Roloson and after a shorter summer than usual thanks to the Lightning making the conference finals he might need to take it easy early in the year. Then again, this could be the end of the road for Roloson and the Lightning will have a major issue to take care of if they’re going to get back into the playoffs and make a run at the Stanley Cup.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)