Oct 18, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
Dwayne Roloson may be 42 years-old this season, but he came into it with high hopes of leading the Lightning even deeper into the playoffs than last year. So far, things aren’t exactly working out that way for the veteran goalie. Through four games Roloson has allowed 18 goals and the Lightning have been giving out wins to opponents like Halloween candy.
Roloson’s numbers so far this year are staggeringly poor and after the Panthers dumped seven goals on Tampa Bay last night, it’s looking like coach Guy Boucher is going to have a major question to answer in goal if Roloson continues to look a step behind in his play.
Tampa Bay has Mathieu Garon as Roloson’s backup, but with Roloson playing as poorly as he is and Garon not exactly viewed as being a #1 goalie, you wonder if GM Steve Yzerman could be taking a look towards Marty Turco if things with Roloson continue to decline.
It could be a case of early season creaks and groans for Roloson and after a shorter summer than usual thanks to the Lightning making the conference finals he might need to take it easy early in the year. Then again, this could be the end of the road for Roloson and the Lightning will have a major issue to take care of if they’re going to get back into the playoffs and make a run at the Stanley Cup.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)