Oct 18, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
Dwayne Roloson may be 42 years-old this season, but he came into it with high hopes of leading the Lightning even deeper into the playoffs than last year. So far, things aren’t exactly working out that way for the veteran goalie. Through four games Roloson has allowed 18 goals and the Lightning have been giving out wins to opponents like Halloween candy.
Roloson’s numbers so far this year are staggeringly poor and after the Panthers dumped seven goals on Tampa Bay last night, it’s looking like coach Guy Boucher is going to have a major question to answer in goal if Roloson continues to look a step behind in his play.
Tampa Bay has Mathieu Garon as Roloson’s backup, but with Roloson playing as poorly as he is and Garon not exactly viewed as being a #1 goalie, you wonder if GM Steve Yzerman could be taking a look towards Marty Turco if things with Roloson continue to decline.
It could be a case of early season creaks and groans for Roloson and after a shorter summer than usual thanks to the Lightning making the conference finals he might need to take it easy early in the year. Then again, this could be the end of the road for Roloson and the Lightning will have a major issue to take care of if they’re going to get back into the playoffs and make a run at the Stanley Cup.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10