Oct 18, 2011, 10:02 AM EST
Dwayne Roloson may be 42 years-old this season, but he came into it with high hopes of leading the Lightning even deeper into the playoffs than last year. So far, things aren’t exactly working out that way for the veteran goalie. Through four games Roloson has allowed 18 goals and the Lightning have been giving out wins to opponents like Halloween candy.
Roloson’s numbers so far this year are staggeringly poor and after the Panthers dumped seven goals on Tampa Bay last night, it’s looking like coach Guy Boucher is going to have a major question to answer in goal if Roloson continues to look a step behind in his play.
Tampa Bay has Mathieu Garon as Roloson’s backup, but with Roloson playing as poorly as he is and Garon not exactly viewed as being a #1 goalie, you wonder if GM Steve Yzerman could be taking a look towards Marty Turco if things with Roloson continue to decline.
It could be a case of early season creaks and groans for Roloson and after a shorter summer than usual thanks to the Lightning making the conference finals he might need to take it easy early in the year. Then again, this could be the end of the road for Roloson and the Lightning will have a major issue to take care of if they’re going to get back into the playoffs and make a run at the Stanley Cup.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)