Oct 17, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
Except of course for the six goals they scored in their season-opening victory against the Coyotes. But in their last two games, both losses, they’ve scored just twice.
Thus, the hyperbole.
San Jose hosts Anaheim tonight, and with Martin Havlat still banged up, Sharks coach Todd McLellan has been forced to get creative with his top lines.
“I liked Mitchey up there,” said McLellan. “I thought he gave that line some speed, and I thought he was on pucks. Mitchey did what Mitchey is supposed to do. He plays a simple game and plays with some speed.”
Anyone else picturing Torrey Mitchell getting beaten with a paddle in the parking lot? Just me? Alright, we’ll move on.
It’s worth noting that McLellan wasn’t especially impressed with his team’s fancy-pants play against the Blues – “We chose to be the Globetrotters in the first seven, eight minutes of the game” – so expect a more north-south approach from the Sharks tonight.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 15
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 32
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)