Oct 17, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Except of course for the six goals they scored in their season-opening victory against the Coyotes. But in their last two games, both losses, they’ve scored just twice.
Thus, the hyperbole.
San Jose hosts Anaheim tonight, and with Martin Havlat still banged up, Sharks coach Todd McLellan has been forced to get creative with his top lines.
“I liked Mitchey up there,” said McLellan. “I thought he gave that line some speed, and I thought he was on pucks. Mitchey did what Mitchey is supposed to do. He plays a simple game and plays with some speed.”
Anyone else picturing Torrey Mitchell getting beaten with a paddle in the parking lot? Just me? Alright, we’ll move on.
It’s worth noting that McLellan wasn’t especially impressed with his team’s fancy-pants play against the Blues – “We chose to be the Globetrotters in the first seven, eight minutes of the game” – so expect a more north-south approach from the Sharks tonight.
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 0
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 7
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)