Oct 17, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
It took them forever to make the 2012 Winter Classic official and the last thing left to do is to show off the duds both the Flyers and Rangers will be sporting on January 2. While you can go to Ebay and find a host of phony 2012 Winter Classic jerseys with an assortment of creative designs, the real deals aren’t out there yet.
Or are they? Philly Sports Daily has a look at what they’re saying will be the Flyers’ Winter Classic throwback-like sweater for the annual NHL super event. Whether they are or not, let us put on our best suit and pretend we’re Tim Gunn for a second and break down this orange and black get up.
The prominence of orange is a good thing. The black yoke with the white outline is a sweet 80s-like design and the stripes at the bottom of the sweater help induce a sense of 70s fashion horror. The off-color name plate like what they’ve got on their current sweaters is a nice crossover. In other words: It fits the Flyers perfectly and you won’t be able to go anywhere in Philadelphia without seeing everyone sporting these sweet, Halloween/candy corn beauties.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 3
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 49
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 61
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 44
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)