Oct 17, 2011, 8:07 PM EST
It took them forever to make the 2012 Winter Classic official and the last thing left to do is to show off the duds both the Flyers and Rangers will be sporting on January 2. While you can go to Ebay and find a host of phony 2012 Winter Classic jerseys with an assortment of creative designs, the real deals aren’t out there yet.
Or are they? Philly Sports Daily has a look at what they’re saying will be the Flyers’ Winter Classic throwback-like sweater for the annual NHL super event. Whether they are or not, let us put on our best suit and pretend we’re Tim Gunn for a second and break down this orange and black get up.
The prominence of orange is a good thing. The black yoke with the white outline is a sweet 80s-like design and the stripes at the bottom of the sweater help induce a sense of 70s fashion horror. The off-color name plate like what they’ve got on their current sweaters is a nice crossover. In other words: It fits the Flyers perfectly and you won’t be able to go anywhere in Philadelphia without seeing everyone sporting these sweet, Halloween/candy corn beauties.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 11
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)