Oct 17, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
It took them forever to make the 2012 Winter Classic official and the last thing left to do is to show off the duds both the Flyers and Rangers will be sporting on January 2. While you can go to Ebay and find a host of phony 2012 Winter Classic jerseys with an assortment of creative designs, the real deals aren’t out there yet.
Or are they? Philly Sports Daily has a look at what they’re saying will be the Flyers’ Winter Classic throwback-like sweater for the annual NHL super event. Whether they are or not, let us put on our best suit and pretend we’re Tim Gunn for a second and break down this orange and black get up.
The prominence of orange is a good thing. The black yoke with the white outline is a sweet 80s-like design and the stripes at the bottom of the sweater help induce a sense of 70s fashion horror. The off-color name plate like what they’ve got on their current sweaters is a nice crossover. In other words: It fits the Flyers perfectly and you won’t be able to go anywhere in Philadelphia without seeing everyone sporting these sweet, Halloween/candy corn beauties.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)