Oct 17, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
It took them forever to make the 2012 Winter Classic official and the last thing left to do is to show off the duds both the Flyers and Rangers will be sporting on January 2. While you can go to Ebay and find a host of phony 2012 Winter Classic jerseys with an assortment of creative designs, the real deals aren’t out there yet.
Or are they? Philly Sports Daily has a look at what they’re saying will be the Flyers’ Winter Classic throwback-like sweater for the annual NHL super event. Whether they are or not, let us put on our best suit and pretend we’re Tim Gunn for a second and break down this orange and black get up.
The prominence of orange is a good thing. The black yoke with the white outline is a sweet 80s-like design and the stripes at the bottom of the sweater help induce a sense of 70s fashion horror. The off-color name plate like what they’ve got on their current sweaters is a nice crossover. In other words: It fits the Flyers perfectly and you won’t be able to go anywhere in Philadelphia without seeing everyone sporting these sweet, Halloween/candy corn beauties.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)