Oct 17, 2011, 9:21 AM EDT
The Rangers’ schedule hasn’t exactly been one for guys that enjoy being at home. From starting their season in Europe to not playing their first home game until next week, the Rangers have been the road warriors of the early season. Sure they had a game on Long Island against the Islanders, but that proved to be the Isles’ coming out party in a 4-2 win on Saturday.
While that was a small taste of being close to home, the Rangers’ travels are that more like a piece of lost mail than that of a pro sports team. Andrew Gross of Rangers Rants totaled up their travels starting from their last preseason game in North America in Philadelphia on September 26 up until when they come back home from their swing through western Canada on October 25.
What does the Rangers world tour break down to? 16,032 miles.
Let’s just hope that they’re putting those frequent flyer miles to good use and not blowing them on trips to John Tortorella’s swear jar or to visit Sean Avery in Hartford. We’re sure Rangers fans aren’t happy about the 0-1-2 start to the season but let’s cut them a little slack before they step on home ice this year.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)