Oct 17, 2011, 9:21 AM EDT
The Rangers’ schedule hasn’t exactly been one for guys that enjoy being at home. From starting their season in Europe to not playing their first home game until next week, the Rangers have been the road warriors of the early season. Sure they had a game on Long Island against the Islanders, but that proved to be the Isles’ coming out party in a 4-2 win on Saturday.
While that was a small taste of being close to home, the Rangers’ travels are that more like a piece of lost mail than that of a pro sports team. Andrew Gross of Rangers Rants totaled up their travels starting from their last preseason game in North America in Philadelphia on September 26 up until when they come back home from their swing through western Canada on October 25.
What does the Rangers world tour break down to? 16,032 miles.
Let’s just hope that they’re putting those frequent flyer miles to good use and not blowing them on trips to John Tortorella’s swear jar or to visit Sean Avery in Hartford. We’re sure Rangers fans aren’t happy about the 0-1-2 start to the season but let’s cut them a little slack before they step on home ice this year.
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 3
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)