Oct 17, 2011, 12:26 PM EST
Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth left practice early today, and it wasn’t because he had a dentist appointment.
Chuck Gormley of csnwashington.com reports that “Neuvirth took several shots from teammates before Sergey Kocharov, the Caps’ media relations director, was summoned to the locker room to strap on the pads.”
Neuvirth has been sidelined the last two games with a lower body injury. Presumably his lower body is still hurting. (When is the NHL going to start taking lower body injuries seriously? It’s a crisis.”)
Gormley also reports that Jay Beagle remains sidelined with “what appears to be concussion symptoms.” The Caps haven’t been in any rush to get Beagle back in action after the forward was knocked out by Arron Asham in a fight that you might have heard about.
UPDATE: According to Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau, Neuvirth is still “feeling sore.” So there you go.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 14
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 6
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8