Oct 17, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth left practice early today, and it wasn’t because he had a dentist appointment.
Chuck Gormley of csnwashington.com reports that “Neuvirth took several shots from teammates before Sergey Kocharov, the Caps’ media relations director, was summoned to the locker room to strap on the pads.”
Neuvirth has been sidelined the last two games with a lower body injury. Presumably his lower body is still hurting. (When is the NHL going to start taking lower body injuries seriously? It’s a crisis.”)
Gormley also reports that Jay Beagle remains sidelined with “what appears to be concussion symptoms.” The Caps haven’t been in any rush to get Beagle back in action after the forward was knocked out by Arron Asham in a fight that you might have heard about.
UPDATE: According to Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau, Neuvirth is still “feeling sore.” So there you go.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32