Oct 17, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth left practice early today, and it wasn’t because he had a dentist appointment.
Chuck Gormley of csnwashington.com reports that “Neuvirth took several shots from teammates before Sergey Kocharov, the Caps’ media relations director, was summoned to the locker room to strap on the pads.”
Neuvirth has been sidelined the last two games with a lower body injury. Presumably his lower body is still hurting. (When is the NHL going to start taking lower body injuries seriously? It’s a crisis.”)
Gormley also reports that Jay Beagle remains sidelined with “what appears to be concussion symptoms.” The Caps haven’t been in any rush to get Beagle back in action after the forward was knocked out by Arron Asham in a fight that you might have heard about.
UPDATE: According to Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau, Neuvirth is still “feeling sore.” So there you go.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25