Oct 17, 2011, 12:26 PM EST
Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth left practice early today, and it wasn’t because he had a dentist appointment.
Chuck Gormley of csnwashington.com reports that “Neuvirth took several shots from teammates before Sergey Kocharov, the Caps’ media relations director, was summoned to the locker room to strap on the pads.”
Neuvirth has been sidelined the last two games with a lower body injury. Presumably his lower body is still hurting. (When is the NHL going to start taking lower body injuries seriously? It’s a crisis.”)
Gormley also reports that Jay Beagle remains sidelined with “what appears to be concussion symptoms.” The Caps haven’t been in any rush to get Beagle back in action after the forward was knocked out by Arron Asham in a fight that you might have heard about.
UPDATE: According to Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau, Neuvirth is still “feeling sore.” So there you go.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 0
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16