Oct 17, 2011, 12:26 PM EST
Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth left practice early today, and it wasn’t because he had a dentist appointment.
Chuck Gormley of csnwashington.com reports that “Neuvirth took several shots from teammates before Sergey Kocharov, the Caps’ media relations director, was summoned to the locker room to strap on the pads.”
Neuvirth has been sidelined the last two games with a lower body injury. Presumably his lower body is still hurting. (When is the NHL going to start taking lower body injuries seriously? It’s a crisis.”)
Gormley also reports that Jay Beagle remains sidelined with “what appears to be concussion symptoms.” The Caps haven’t been in any rush to get Beagle back in action after the forward was knocked out by Arron Asham in a fight that you might have heard about.
UPDATE: According to Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau, Neuvirth is still “feeling sore.” So there you go.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)