Oct 17, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Who are you guys?
Mike Halford and Jason Brough.
Where are you from?
For the last four years we’ve been at The Province newspaper in Vancouver running the Orland Kurtenblog.
Never heard of it.
Oh. Um, remember those pictures of the Blackhawks in a limo with their shirts off?
We published those.
And now you have a job with NBC?
Well, that’s not all we did. We also had a radio show in Vancouver. The show was on pretty late at night though. Half of it was just us playing old jazz records.
It’s cool, we’re fairly well versed in Americana, so we can speak to everyone. Just might need to brush up on certain things. Is George Clinton still the prime minister of the United States?
What should readers expect from you?
Our approach is fairly simple — we’re two guys who love hockey and having a laugh, and we try to reflect that in our work. We hope the readers will not only enjoy this approach, but also get in on the fun. Please comment, and comment often. For example, “Great blog!” Or, “I never thought about it that way! You make a very compelling point!” Or, “Leafs suck!”
Will Joe and James still be writing for PHT?
Of course they will. Not only do they know their hockey, they know where the office bathroom key is kept.
Do you have a favorite NHL team?
Well, we’re from Vancouver…
Great, you’re Canucks fans.
Yes, and we know that means 1) Most of you will already hate us, but not before 2) We come up with a series of elaborate conspiracies explaining why that is.
What do you have planned?
To make Pro Hockey Talk the go-to site for NHL insight and analysis. In addition to covering all the major news of the day, we’ll do our best to provide unique opinions and amusing takes on all things hockey. You might agree with us, you might not. You might have a chuckle, you might not. The most important thing is that you click on the advertising, which you’ll find on the sidebar.
So will you just be writing?
Glad you asked. No, we’ll also be producing some video, including interviews with NBC analysts like Pierre McGuire, Mike Milbury, Ed Olcyzk and Jeremy Roenick. Be sure to watch…as the videos will also have advertising.
Yes, please don’t ask us about the riot.
Forgot about that. That must’ve been embarrassing.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20