Oct 17, 2011, 2:39 PM EST
Ian Mendes from Sportsnet.ca is reporting that Ottawa Senators defenseman Sergei Gonchar will likely miss Tuesday’s home game against the Philadelphia Flyers with a bruised ankle.
Now, the title of this post isn’t to suggest Gonchar’s been dogging it through Ottawa’s 1-4 start — just watch this furious back-check on Todd Bertuzzi — but there are rumours Sens coach Paul MacLean was fined $500 dollars for letting him play without a license tag.
In other Senators news, it sounds like goalie Craig Anderson will also be held out of Tuesday’s game against the Flyers. Anderson missed Monday’s practice for “personal reasons” — this after getting ventilated for seven goals in his last outing against Colorado — two things which I’m sure are in no way related.
Assuming Anderson doesn’t play, Alex Auld will get the call in goal for Ottawa. Auld has traveled extensively over the last six years — he’s played for eight teams including two stints with Ottawa — and he’s the husband of celebrity handbag and jewellery designer Melanie Auld. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011-12 Ottawa Senators!
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 5
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 60
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (60)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)