Oct 17, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
Ian Mendes from Sportsnet.ca is reporting that Ottawa Senators defenseman Sergei Gonchar will likely miss Tuesday’s home game against the Philadelphia Flyers with a bruised ankle.
Now, the title of this post isn’t to suggest Gonchar’s been dogging it through Ottawa’s 1-4 start — just watch this furious back-check on Todd Bertuzzi — but there are rumours Sens coach Paul MacLean was fined $500 dollars for letting him play without a license tag.
In other Senators news, it sounds like goalie Craig Anderson will also be held out of Tuesday’s game against the Flyers. Anderson missed Monday’s practice for “personal reasons” — this after getting ventilated for seven goals in his last outing against Colorado — two things which I’m sure are in no way related.
Assuming Anderson doesn’t play, Alex Auld will get the call in goal for Ottawa. Auld has traveled extensively over the last six years — he’s played for eight teams including two stints with Ottawa — and he’s the husband of celebrity handbag and jewellery designer Melanie Auld. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011-12 Ottawa Senators!
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)