Oct 17, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
Ian Mendes from Sportsnet.ca is reporting that Ottawa Senators defenseman Sergei Gonchar will likely miss Tuesday’s home game against the Philadelphia Flyers with a bruised ankle.
Now, the title of this post isn’t to suggest Gonchar’s been dogging it through Ottawa’s 1-4 start — just watch this furious back-check on Todd Bertuzzi — but there are rumours Sens coach Paul MacLean was fined $500 dollars for letting him play without a license tag.
In other Senators news, it sounds like goalie Craig Anderson will also be held out of Tuesday’s game against the Flyers. Anderson missed Monday’s practice for “personal reasons” — this after getting ventilated for seven goals in his last outing against Colorado — two things which I’m sure are in no way related.
Assuming Anderson doesn’t play, Alex Auld will get the call in goal for Ottawa. Auld has traveled extensively over the last six years — he’s played for eight teams including two stints with Ottawa — and he’s the husband of celebrity handbag and jewellery designer Melanie Auld. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011-12 Ottawa Senators!
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12