Oct 17, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
Ian Mendes from Sportsnet.ca is reporting that Ottawa Senators defenseman Sergei Gonchar will likely miss Tuesday’s home game against the Philadelphia Flyers with a bruised ankle.
Now, the title of this post isn’t to suggest Gonchar’s been dogging it through Ottawa’s 1-4 start — just watch this furious back-check on Todd Bertuzzi — but there are rumours Sens coach Paul MacLean was fined $500 dollars for letting him play without a license tag.
In other Senators news, it sounds like goalie Craig Anderson will also be held out of Tuesday’s game against the Flyers. Anderson missed Monday’s practice for “personal reasons” — this after getting ventilated for seven goals in his last outing against Colorado — two things which I’m sure are in no way related.
Assuming Anderson doesn’t play, Alex Auld will get the call in goal for Ottawa. Auld has traveled extensively over the last six years — he’s played for eight teams including two stints with Ottawa — and he’s the husband of celebrity handbag and jewellery designer Melanie Auld. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011-12 Ottawa Senators!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5