Oct 17, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
Ian Mendes from Sportsnet.ca is reporting that Ottawa Senators defenseman Sergei Gonchar will likely miss Tuesday’s home game against the Philadelphia Flyers with a bruised ankle.
Now, the title of this post isn’t to suggest Gonchar’s been dogging it through Ottawa’s 1-4 start — just watch this furious back-check on Todd Bertuzzi — but there are rumours Sens coach Paul MacLean was fined $500 dollars for letting him play without a license tag.
In other Senators news, it sounds like goalie Craig Anderson will also be held out of Tuesday’s game against the Flyers. Anderson missed Monday’s practice for “personal reasons” — this after getting ventilated for seven goals in his last outing against Colorado — two things which I’m sure are in no way related.
Assuming Anderson doesn’t play, Alex Auld will get the call in goal for Ottawa. Auld has traveled extensively over the last six years — he’s played for eight teams including two stints with Ottawa — and he’s the husband of celebrity handbag and jewellery designer Melanie Auld. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011-12 Ottawa Senators!
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)