Oct 16, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
There are some truths in life, some of which we don’t like. Death and taxes rank up there and so does the news of Ales Hemsky being injured. The Edmonton Sun reports Hemsky will miss the next two weeks with a strained shoulder and for Hemsky that’s especially rough news considering his constant health issues.
The young Oilers are off to an average start going 1-1-1 off the get-go and while it’s been Ryan Nugent-Hopkins providing the bulk of the offense, not having Hemsky to provide at least a little bit of veteran skill to go along with the rest of the young stable of talent hurts. When he’s healthy Hemsky is a slick skating scorer. Of course making sure he’s healthy proves difficult enough.
Hemsky has spent the previous two seasons spending more time on the shelf than on the ice and at this point, he’s a guy the Oilers have to keep in mind less as a go-to player and more as a guy that they’re lucky to have on the ice when he’s healthy. While he’s a top level scorer, banking on him to help lead the Oilers revolution would be foolish at this point.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 9
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)