Oct 16, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
When things go bad, they always find a new twist to make things just a little bit worse. In the case of the Columbus Blue Jackets, one of their small handful of players being productive is Jeff Carter. With the team struggling to start the year, it only then makes sense that Carter is now injured.
Columbus beat reporter Aaron Portzline says that Carter has a hairline fracture in his right foot that will keep him out of action for at least their next game on Tuesday. Losing one of the guys that’s able to get the offense going on a team that has a hard time scoring is just another kick in the teeth for the Jackets as they’re off to a brutal start.
With Carter out for at least one game, now is the time for guys like Antoine Vermette, Derick Brassard, and R.J. Umberger to step up and show what they can do. If they can’t get it started, then coach Scott Arniel is going to start feeling the heat.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)