Oct 16, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
When things go bad, they always find a new twist to make things just a little bit worse. In the case of the Columbus Blue Jackets, one of their small handful of players being productive is Jeff Carter. With the team struggling to start the year, it only then makes sense that Carter is now injured.
Columbus beat reporter Aaron Portzline says that Carter has a hairline fracture in his right foot that will keep him out of action for at least their next game on Tuesday. Losing one of the guys that’s able to get the offense going on a team that has a hard time scoring is just another kick in the teeth for the Jackets as they’re off to a brutal start.
With Carter out for at least one game, now is the time for guys like Antoine Vermette, Derick Brassard, and R.J. Umberger to step up and show what they can do. If they can’t get it started, then coach Scott Arniel is going to start feeling the heat.
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 15
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 4
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 46
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 21
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 9
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)