Oct 16, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
When things go bad, they always find a new twist to make things just a little bit worse. In the case of the Columbus Blue Jackets, one of their small handful of players being productive is Jeff Carter. With the team struggling to start the year, it only then makes sense that Carter is now injured.
Columbus beat reporter Aaron Portzline says that Carter has a hairline fracture in his right foot that will keep him out of action for at least their next game on Tuesday. Losing one of the guys that’s able to get the offense going on a team that has a hard time scoring is just another kick in the teeth for the Jackets as they’re off to a brutal start.
With Carter out for at least one game, now is the time for guys like Antoine Vermette, Derick Brassard, and R.J. Umberger to step up and show what they can do. If they can’t get it started, then coach Scott Arniel is going to start feeling the heat.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 20
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)