Oct 16, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
When things go bad, they always find a new twist to make things just a little bit worse. In the case of the Columbus Blue Jackets, one of their small handful of players being productive is Jeff Carter. With the team struggling to start the year, it only then makes sense that Carter is now injured.
Columbus beat reporter Aaron Portzline says that Carter has a hairline fracture in his right foot that will keep him out of action for at least their next game on Tuesday. Losing one of the guys that’s able to get the offense going on a team that has a hard time scoring is just another kick in the teeth for the Jackets as they’re off to a brutal start.
With Carter out for at least one game, now is the time for guys like Antoine Vermette, Derick Brassard, and R.J. Umberger to step up and show what they can do. If they can’t get it started, then coach Scott Arniel is going to start feeling the heat.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 8
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 32
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)