Oct 16, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
When things go bad, they always find a new twist to make things just a little bit worse. In the case of the Columbus Blue Jackets, one of their small handful of players being productive is Jeff Carter. With the team struggling to start the year, it only then makes sense that Carter is now injured.
Columbus beat reporter Aaron Portzline says that Carter has a hairline fracture in his right foot that will keep him out of action for at least their next game on Tuesday. Losing one of the guys that’s able to get the offense going on a team that has a hard time scoring is just another kick in the teeth for the Jackets as they’re off to a brutal start.
With Carter out for at least one game, now is the time for guys like Antoine Vermette, Derick Brassard, and R.J. Umberger to step up and show what they can do. If they can’t get it started, then coach Scott Arniel is going to start feeling the heat.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9