Oct 15, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
Eccotique Spa in Vancouver is receiving quite a bit of attention this week. In an industry that is supposed to promote tranquility and relaxation, the rouge spa is making waves for a semi-controversial promotion. With the best interests of Vancouver surely at heart, the spa is offering $50 gift certificates to any individuals who come forward and confess to taking part in the riots after Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Yes, this is real.
Check out the slogan for the promotion:
“You didn’t pay for anything at the riots. Why stop now?”
But wait! There’s more! As if that slogan wasn’t perfection in its own right, the Spa’s president Milajne Soligo topped himself in a press release for the promotion. From the Toronto Sun:
“These people obviously had a lot of pent-up anger during all the chaos. We think they need to learn how to calm down and relax, which fits perfectly with our spa offerings.”
Again—yes, this is real. So far, no one has come forward and taken the spa up on their offer. They’d probably get a little more action if it weren’t for the clause in the promotion that calls for “proof of arrest.” Can’t they just take the
fan’s misguided youth’s hooligans’ word for it?
Maybe they’re just beating Vancouver fans to the punch? If the Canucks lose in the finals again, fans might channel their inner-Hab fans and loot again. Wait, is it really possible to loot a massage?
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 4
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)