Oct 15, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
Eccotique Spa in Vancouver is receiving quite a bit of attention this week. In an industry that is supposed to promote tranquility and relaxation, the rouge spa is making waves for a semi-controversial promotion. With the best interests of Vancouver surely at heart, the spa is offering $50 gift certificates to any individuals who come forward and confess to taking part in the riots after Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Yes, this is real.
Check out the slogan for the promotion:
“You didn’t pay for anything at the riots. Why stop now?”
But wait! There’s more! As if that slogan wasn’t perfection in its own right, the Spa’s president Milajne Soligo topped himself in a press release for the promotion. From the Toronto Sun:
“These people obviously had a lot of pent-up anger during all the chaos. We think they need to learn how to calm down and relax, which fits perfectly with our spa offerings.”
Again—yes, this is real. So far, no one has come forward and taken the spa up on their offer. They’d probably get a little more action if it weren’t for the clause in the promotion that calls for “proof of arrest.” Can’t they just take the
fan’s misguided youth’s hooligans’ word for it?
Maybe they’re just beating Vancouver fans to the punch? If the Canucks lose in the finals again, fans might channel their inner-Hab fans and loot again. Wait, is it really possible to loot a massage?
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)