Oct 15, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
Eccotique Spa in Vancouver is receiving quite a bit of attention this week. In an industry that is supposed to promote tranquility and relaxation, the rouge spa is making waves for a semi-controversial promotion. With the best interests of Vancouver surely at heart, the spa is offering $50 gift certificates to any individuals who come forward and confess to taking part in the riots after Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Yes, this is real.
Check out the slogan for the promotion:
“You didn’t pay for anything at the riots. Why stop now?”
But wait! There’s more! As if that slogan wasn’t perfection in its own right, the Spa’s president Milajne Soligo topped himself in a press release for the promotion. From the Toronto Sun:
“These people obviously had a lot of pent-up anger during all the chaos. We think they need to learn how to calm down and relax, which fits perfectly with our spa offerings.”
Again—yes, this is real. So far, no one has come forward and taken the spa up on their offer. They’d probably get a little more action if it weren’t for the clause in the promotion that calls for “proof of arrest.” Can’t they just take the
fan’s misguided youth’s hooligans’ word for it?
Maybe they’re just beating Vancouver fans to the punch? If the Canucks lose in the finals again, fans might channel their inner-Hab fans and loot again. Wait, is it really possible to loot a massage?
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 8
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 55
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 17
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8