Oct 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
We all know that even the mildest cold streaks are magnified during the first couple weeks of the season, but who would have thought that, with a single assist, tough guy George Parros would have more points than Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, Teemu Selanne, Saku Koivu, and the recently injured Jason Blake.
As a team, the Ducks have scored just three goals this season, not including Bobby Ryan’s game-winning shootout goal. Thanks to their strong defense and Jonas Hiller’s ability to bounce back from the vertigo symptoms that plagued him last season, the Ducks have a 2-1-0 record despite their top two lines quiet start. However, as Ducks coach Randy Carlyle recently told the Orange County Register, this is still a problem:
You have to play defense to win in sports. It’s not just offense. But you do have to be able to provide offense. What’s particularly concerning for us (is) that we’re not getting enough offense.
The silver lining is that the Ducks top line of Ryan, Getzlaf, and Perry was able to produce scoring chances in Friday’s 1-0 victory over San Jose, they just failed to convert. The trio are arguably the most dangerous line in the NHL and they can’t be kept down or stay unlucky forever. Things should return to normal in Anaheim, even if their first three games have been anything but business as usual.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)