Oct 15, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks better write out their lineup in pencil ahead of their Saturday night clash against the defending Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins.
We’ll see what happens. There’s probably a chance (I’ll play), yes. (The knee) is feeling good. It’s the way I want it to feel and I feel like I’ll be ready to play. I haven’t played a game in a couple of weeks so it will be a little different.
Unfortunately, Marian Hossa might exit the stage just as Stalberg enters it. Hossa is a game-time decision on Saturday after missing Chicago’s morning skate with an upper body injury. Hossa has missed 42 games since he signed with the Chicago Blackhawks in the summer of 2009 and he hasn’t reached the 80 games played mark in a single season since 2006-07.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)