Oct 15, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks better write out their lineup in pencil ahead of their Saturday night clash against the defending Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins.
We’ll see what happens. There’s probably a chance (I’ll play), yes. (The knee) is feeling good. It’s the way I want it to feel and I feel like I’ll be ready to play. I haven’t played a game in a couple of weeks so it will be a little different.
Unfortunately, Marian Hossa might exit the stage just as Stalberg enters it. Hossa is a game-time decision on Saturday after missing Chicago’s morning skate with an upper body injury. Hossa has missed 42 games since he signed with the Chicago Blackhawks in the summer of 2009 and he hasn’t reached the 80 games played mark in a single season since 2006-07.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 6
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)