Oct 15, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Peter Mueller will miss his second consecutive game on Saturday with a mystery injury. Neither Colorado nor Mueller are willing to provide the media with much information, which brings back memories of the deafening silence we were often treated to when Mueller missed the entire 2010-11 season due to a concussion. The obvious fear is that he’s once again dealing with concussion symptoms, but as Adrian Dater of the Denver Post pointed out, Mueller skated on Saturday and that probably wouldn’t have been the case if he was badly concussed.
So for now, all we can say for certain is that Mueller is sidelined mere days after he played in his first regular season NHL game in over a year. The 20 points in 15 game tear that he went on when he was originally acquired by the Colorado Avalanche is beginning to feel like a distant memory, as is his 22-goal, 54-point rookie season in 2007-08.
Even if his latest injury turns out to be nothing serious, Mueller will still need time to shake off the rust from his extended absence. The fact that he dealt with three concussions in the span of two years is also something that people aren’t likely to forget any time soon. However, if he can eventually put this all behind him, we could be referring to Mueller as one of Colorado’s top players in a year or two.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)