Oct 14, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
When the Tampa Bay Lightning score goals this season, you might be a bit more than thunderstruck when Steve Stamkos or Martin St. Louis buries one in the back of the net. You might also be dumbstruck at seeing the beauty and wonder of the Tesla coil to provide the lightning to accompany the thunder.
Yes, that’s right, one of inventor Nikola Tesla’s creations will make it’s appearance at St. Pete Times Forum this season to provide a better electric visual than just cartoon lightning bolts on the scoreboard. Instead, a Tesla coil will hang above the rink and produce bolts of electricity to show their appreciation for Stamkos and company.
All we know know is that going to see a game at Tampa Bay has moved way up the “must-see” list. (Thanks to @felixpotvin on Twitter for the video)
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34