Oct 14, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
When the Tampa Bay Lightning score goals this season, you might be a bit more than thunderstruck when Steve Stamkos or Martin St. Louis buries one in the back of the net. You might also be dumbstruck at seeing the beauty and wonder of the Tesla coil to provide the lightning to accompany the thunder.
Yes, that’s right, one of inventor Nikola Tesla’s creations will make it’s appearance at St. Pete Times Forum this season to provide a better electric visual than just cartoon lightning bolts on the scoreboard. Instead, a Tesla coil will hang above the rink and produce bolts of electricity to show their appreciation for Stamkos and company.
All we know know is that going to see a game at Tampa Bay has moved way up the “must-see” list. (Thanks to @felixpotvin on Twitter for the video)
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 0
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 20
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24