Oct 14, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
In a simpler time, Andy McDonald would still be a great depth center for a fearsome Anaheim Ducks team. Modern times called for him to receive a fantastic contract with a trade-off of falling into obscurity with the St. Louis Blues.
Concussion issues have bothered McDonald more than playing on a so-so team lately, though. He was limited to 50 points in 58 games last season because of that type of head injury and there is some concern that he’s suffering from another one after Thursday’s game. The Blues announced that McDonald traveled back to St. Louis to be evaluated after getting hurt at the end of the second period versus the Dallas Stars.
The Blues suffered from awful injury luck last season, but hopefully they’ll be able to get a reasonable amount of good breaks in 2011-12. Seeing Carlo Colaiacovo get injured is no surprise, but hopefully McDonald’s situation isn’t too troubling.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 35
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)