Oct 14, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
In a simpler time, Andy McDonald would still be a great depth center for a fearsome Anaheim Ducks team. Modern times called for him to receive a fantastic contract with a trade-off of falling into obscurity with the St. Louis Blues.
Concussion issues have bothered McDonald more than playing on a so-so team lately, though. He was limited to 50 points in 58 games last season because of that type of head injury and there is some concern that he’s suffering from another one after Thursday’s game. The Blues announced that McDonald traveled back to St. Louis to be evaluated after getting hurt at the end of the second period versus the Dallas Stars.
The Blues suffered from awful injury luck last season, but hopefully they’ll be able to get a reasonable amount of good breaks in 2011-12. Seeing Carlo Colaiacovo get injured is no surprise, but hopefully McDonald’s situation isn’t too troubling.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18