Oct 14, 2011, 11:53 AM EST
In a simpler time, Andy McDonald would still be a great depth center for a fearsome Anaheim Ducks team. Modern times called for him to receive a fantastic contract with a trade-off of falling into obscurity with the St. Louis Blues.
Concussion issues have bothered McDonald more than playing on a so-so team lately, though. He was limited to 50 points in 58 games last season because of that type of head injury and there is some concern that he’s suffering from another one after Thursday’s game. The Blues announced that McDonald traveled back to St. Louis to be evaluated after getting hurt at the end of the second period versus the Dallas Stars.
The Blues suffered from awful injury luck last season, but hopefully they’ll be able to get a reasonable amount of good breaks in 2011-12. Seeing Carlo Colaiacovo get injured is no surprise, but hopefully McDonald’s situation isn’t too troubling.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)