Oct 14, 2011, 11:53 AM EST
In a simpler time, Andy McDonald would still be a great depth center for a fearsome Anaheim Ducks team. Modern times called for him to receive a fantastic contract with a trade-off of falling into obscurity with the St. Louis Blues.
Concussion issues have bothered McDonald more than playing on a so-so team lately, though. He was limited to 50 points in 58 games last season because of that type of head injury and there is some concern that he’s suffering from another one after Thursday’s game. The Blues announced that McDonald traveled back to St. Louis to be evaluated after getting hurt at the end of the second period versus the Dallas Stars.
The Blues suffered from awful injury luck last season, but hopefully they’ll be able to get a reasonable amount of good breaks in 2011-12. Seeing Carlo Colaiacovo get injured is no surprise, but hopefully McDonald’s situation isn’t too troubling.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 1
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 25
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)