Oct 14, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
In a simpler time, Andy McDonald would still be a great depth center for a fearsome Anaheim Ducks team. Modern times called for him to receive a fantastic contract with a trade-off of falling into obscurity with the St. Louis Blues.
Concussion issues have bothered McDonald more than playing on a so-so team lately, though. He was limited to 50 points in 58 games last season because of that type of head injury and there is some concern that he’s suffering from another one after Thursday’s game. The Blues announced that McDonald traveled back to St. Louis to be evaluated after getting hurt at the end of the second period versus the Dallas Stars.
The Blues suffered from awful injury luck last season, but hopefully they’ll be able to get a reasonable amount of good breaks in 2011-12. Seeing Carlo Colaiacovo get injured is no surprise, but hopefully McDonald’s situation isn’t too troubling.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)