Oct 13, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
Here’s your redundant news of the day: Tim Connolly recently admitted that his supposedly day-to-day issues might be more of the week-to-week variety. He hasn’t been able to stickhandle during practice, which leads James Mirtle and others to believe that it might be a shoulder issue or something similar.
Either way, Connolly is living up to his reputation as an injury-prone player, much like Rick DiPietro. Both situations straddle the line between sad and funny, which possibly makes his situation a tragicomedy.
I’ll be honest. At this point, writing a Tim Connolly injury update is a lot like trying to critique the latest “Final Destination” movie. There are only so many ways to skin that sad little cat.
Sure, there are things to like – elaborate, cartoonish death scenes on one side, fancy dangling on the other – but ultimately the results are usually pretty ugly. (You could substitute Mary Elizabeth Winstead for CGI destruction for the pluses of that mediocre film series if you want, though.)
Connolly could be back late next week or later. We’ll keep an eye on the situation, even if the news will probably be depressing more often than not.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5