Oct 13, 2011, 3:51 PM EST
Here’s your redundant news of the day: Tim Connolly recently admitted that his supposedly day-to-day issues might be more of the week-to-week variety. He hasn’t been able to stickhandle during practice, which leads James Mirtle and others to believe that it might be a shoulder issue or something similar.
Either way, Connolly is living up to his reputation as an injury-prone player, much like Rick DiPietro. Both situations straddle the line between sad and funny, which possibly makes his situation a tragicomedy.
I’ll be honest. At this point, writing a Tim Connolly injury update is a lot like trying to critique the latest “Final Destination” movie. There are only so many ways to skin that sad little cat.
Sure, there are things to like – elaborate, cartoonish death scenes on one side, fancy dangling on the other – but ultimately the results are usually pretty ugly. (You could substitute Mary Elizabeth Winstead for CGI destruction for the pluses of that mediocre film series if you want, though.)
Connolly could be back late next week or later. We’ll keep an eye on the situation, even if the news will probably be depressing more often than not.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2