Oct 13, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
Here’s your redundant news of the day: Tim Connolly recently admitted that his supposedly day-to-day issues might be more of the week-to-week variety. He hasn’t been able to stickhandle during practice, which leads James Mirtle and others to believe that it might be a shoulder issue or something similar.
Either way, Connolly is living up to his reputation as an injury-prone player, much like Rick DiPietro. Both situations straddle the line between sad and funny, which possibly makes his situation a tragicomedy.
I’ll be honest. At this point, writing a Tim Connolly injury update is a lot like trying to critique the latest “Final Destination” movie. There are only so many ways to skin that sad little cat.
Sure, there are things to like – elaborate, cartoonish death scenes on one side, fancy dangling on the other – but ultimately the results are usually pretty ugly. (You could substitute Mary Elizabeth Winstead for CGI destruction for the pluses of that mediocre film series if you want, though.)
Connolly could be back late next week or later. We’ll keep an eye on the situation, even if the news will probably be depressing more often than not.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)