Oct 13, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
Here’s your redundant news of the day: Tim Connolly recently admitted that his supposedly day-to-day issues might be more of the week-to-week variety. He hasn’t been able to stickhandle during practice, which leads James Mirtle and others to believe that it might be a shoulder issue or something similar.
Either way, Connolly is living up to his reputation as an injury-prone player, much like Rick DiPietro. Both situations straddle the line between sad and funny, which possibly makes his situation a tragicomedy.
I’ll be honest. At this point, writing a Tim Connolly injury update is a lot like trying to critique the latest “Final Destination” movie. There are only so many ways to skin that sad little cat.
Sure, there are things to like – elaborate, cartoonish death scenes on one side, fancy dangling on the other – but ultimately the results are usually pretty ugly. (You could substitute Mary Elizabeth Winstead for CGI destruction for the pluses of that mediocre film series if you want, though.)
Connolly could be back late next week or later. We’ll keep an eye on the situation, even if the news will probably be depressing more often than not.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 13
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 9
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1