Oct 12, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
Before the season started, the Buffalo Sabres were earning buzz for all the money owner Terry Pegula invested in the team. Adding high-priced free agents like Ville Leino and Christian Ehrhoff gets a team noticed in the offseason, but through the team’s first two games it’s their scorers getting it done.
Thomas Vanek and Jason Pominville lead the way while getting help from surprise players like Luke Adam help make the Sabres a threat in the Eastern Conference. Ryan Miller isn’t so bad in goal either. Coach Lindy Ruff has been a constant in Buffalo all these years and he very well might have his best team yet this season.
The Versus crew of Liam McHugh, Mike Milbury, and Keith Jones break down what makes the Sabres tick this season.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 0
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 3
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16