Oct 12, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
Before the season started, the Buffalo Sabres were earning buzz for all the money owner Terry Pegula invested in the team. Adding high-priced free agents like Ville Leino and Christian Ehrhoff gets a team noticed in the offseason, but through the team’s first two games it’s their scorers getting it done.
Thomas Vanek and Jason Pominville lead the way while getting help from surprise players like Luke Adam help make the Sabres a threat in the Eastern Conference. Ryan Miller isn’t so bad in goal either. Coach Lindy Ruff has been a constant in Buffalo all these years and he very well might have his best team yet this season.
The Versus crew of Liam McHugh, Mike Milbury, and Keith Jones break down what makes the Sabres tick this season.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 0
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 27
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 49
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)