Oct 12, 2011, 9:22 PM EDT
Shots allowed won’t tell you everything, but it’s still troubling that the Tampa Bay Lightning are allowing almost 40 per game so far this season. That’s the most of any team in this young 2011-12 campaign, which isn’t a promising sign since they’re leaning heavily on an old goalie in Dwayne Roloson.
Mattias Ohlund‘s decision to get both knees scoped is a wise one because his mobility has been lousy, but it opens up a big hole on an already shaky defense. Mike Milbury and Keith Jones take a look at a Bolts blueline that could be a serious Achilles heel this season.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17