Oct 12, 2011, 9:22 PM EDT
Shots allowed won’t tell you everything, but it’s still troubling that the Tampa Bay Lightning are allowing almost 40 per game so far this season. That’s the most of any team in this young 2011-12 campaign, which isn’t a promising sign since they’re leaning heavily on an old goalie in Dwayne Roloson.
Mattias Ohlund‘s decision to get both knees scoped is a wise one because his mobility has been lousy, but it opens up a big hole on an already shaky defense. Mike Milbury and Keith Jones take a look at a Bolts blueline that could be a serious Achilles heel this season.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6