Oct 12, 2011, 11:22 AM EDT
So much for thinking Marc-Andre Fleury would get off to a slow start again this season. His acrobatics in making stops against the Panthers in last night’s 4-2 Penguins win are the sorts of things you’d expect out of a superstar goalie. Good thing for the Penguins that’s just what Fleury is.
Late in the first period with the Penguins leading 1-0, Fleury went sprawling on the ice fighting through bodies before robbing Florida’s Stephen Weiss of what seemed like a money goal. Versus’ Dave Strader and Brian Engblom have the call on this early-season candidate for save of the year.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 22
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 12
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54