Oct 12, 2011, 11:22 AM EDT
So much for thinking Marc-Andre Fleury would get off to a slow start again this season. His acrobatics in making stops against the Panthers in last night’s 4-2 Penguins win are the sorts of things you’d expect out of a superstar goalie. Good thing for the Penguins that’s just what Fleury is.
Late in the first period with the Penguins leading 1-0, Fleury went sprawling on the ice fighting through bodies before robbing Florida’s Stephen Weiss of what seemed like a money goal. Versus’ Dave Strader and Brian Engblom have the call on this early-season candidate for save of the year.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5