Oct 12, 2011, 11:22 AM EDT
So much for thinking Marc-Andre Fleury would get off to a slow start again this season. His acrobatics in making stops against the Panthers in last night’s 4-2 Penguins win are the sorts of things you’d expect out of a superstar goalie. Good thing for the Penguins that’s just what Fleury is.
Late in the first period with the Penguins leading 1-0, Fleury went sprawling on the ice fighting through bodies before robbing Florida’s Stephen Weiss of what seemed like a money goal. Versus’ Dave Strader and Brian Engblom have the call on this early-season candidate for save of the year.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34