Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 AM EST
If you’ve ever wanted to see a team scramble like crazy because they were too slow in getting to a face off, tonight is your night. During the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 4-2 win over the Florida Panthers, the Panthers got a bit of a head start on their offense thanks to the linesman getting tired of waiting on the Penguins to take a face off.
The puck was dropped, the Panthers got a free head-start down the ice and with the Penguins scrambling to cover everyone and looking more like a Chinese fire drill gone wrong, Tomas Fleischmann scored a snapper of a goal past Marc-Andre Fleury thanks to Stephen Weiss‘ backhand pass. That’ll be in everyone’s “reasons to get to the face off circle on time” instructional video that doesn’t exist.
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 1
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal 4
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 28
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19