Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wanted to see a team scramble like crazy because they were too slow in getting to a face off, tonight is your night. During the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 4-2 win over the Florida Panthers, the Panthers got a bit of a head start on their offense thanks to the linesman getting tired of waiting on the Penguins to take a face off.
The puck was dropped, the Panthers got a free head-start down the ice and with the Penguins scrambling to cover everyone and looking more like a Chinese fire drill gone wrong, Tomas Fleischmann scored a snapper of a goal past Marc-Andre Fleury thanks to Stephen Weiss‘ backhand pass. That’ll be in everyone’s “reasons to get to the face off circle on time” instructional video that doesn’t exist.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 38
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1