Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wanted to see a team scramble like crazy because they were too slow in getting to a face off, tonight is your night. During the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 4-2 win over the Florida Panthers, the Panthers got a bit of a head start on their offense thanks to the linesman getting tired of waiting on the Penguins to take a face off.
The puck was dropped, the Panthers got a free head-start down the ice and with the Penguins scrambling to cover everyone and looking more like a Chinese fire drill gone wrong, Tomas Fleischmann scored a snapper of a goal past Marc-Andre Fleury thanks to Stephen Weiss‘ backhand pass. That’ll be in everyone’s “reasons to get to the face off circle on time” instructional video that doesn’t exist.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5