Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 AM EDT
If you’ve ever wanted to see a team scramble like crazy because they were too slow in getting to a face off, tonight is your night. During the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 4-2 win over the Florida Panthers, the Panthers got a bit of a head start on their offense thanks to the linesman getting tired of waiting on the Penguins to take a face off.
The puck was dropped, the Panthers got a free head-start down the ice and with the Penguins scrambling to cover everyone and looking more like a Chinese fire drill gone wrong, Tomas Fleischmann scored a snapper of a goal past Marc-Andre Fleury thanks to Stephen Weiss‘ backhand pass. That’ll be in everyone’s “reasons to get to the face off circle on time” instructional video that doesn’t exist.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 14
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39