Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 AM EST
If you’ve ever wanted to see a team scramble like crazy because they were too slow in getting to a face off, tonight is your night. During the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 4-2 win over the Florida Panthers, the Panthers got a bit of a head start on their offense thanks to the linesman getting tired of waiting on the Penguins to take a face off.
The puck was dropped, the Panthers got a free head-start down the ice and with the Penguins scrambling to cover everyone and looking more like a Chinese fire drill gone wrong, Tomas Fleischmann scored a snapper of a goal past Marc-Andre Fleury thanks to Stephen Weiss‘ backhand pass. That’ll be in everyone’s “reasons to get to the face off circle on time” instructional video that doesn’t exist.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 25
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27