Oct 12, 2011, 10:05 PM EDT
Even before Sunday, the Montreal Canadiens were in a tough spot when it comes to injuries. Andrei Markov and Chris Campoli were just two examples of valuable players who were on the shelf before the Habs lost Michael Cammalleri and Jaroslav Spacek for what could be weeks.
The Habs dealt with a wide array of injuries to their blueline in 2010-11 (not to mention Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty on offense), but the team managed to make the playoffs anyway. Keith Jones says that it could take a “miracle” for the Canadiens to do it again, although Habs fans might just point to their dynamic duo of Carey Price and P.K. Subban.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7