Oct 12, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
We know, this kind of earth-shattering news might make you stop in your tracks wondering if up is still up and down is still down. Arthur Staple of New York Newsday reports that it was a Brian Rolston slap shot to the head that did the trick for DiPietro this time and that his old school style mask bore the brunt of the blow. DiPietro had to switch to the old mask after he had his lights knocked out by Penguins goalie Brent Johnson last season.
Isles coach Jack Capuano said that DiPietro appeared to be OK. We know how these things go with DiPietro, however.
At some point you have to wonder if DiPietro’s house was built on an old cemetery or if he happened to make his Long Island home in Amityville in a certain horror house there. Fortunately for the Islanders, goaltending depth isn’t a worry this season as Al Montoya has started their first two games this season and looked brilliant all while Evgeni Nabokov waits in the wings as their third goalie.
DiPietro had yet to get in a game this year. We’ll see if this shot to the mask keeps him on the sidelines for any amount of time. In the meantime, DiPietro should avoid black cats, walking under ladders, and getting near any mirrors.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)