Oct 12, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
It was a nice run while it lasted for Chicago’s Brandon Saad. After getting to start on opening night alongside Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp and winding up practicing the past few days on the fourth line in Chicago, Saad is headed back to the OHL Saginaw Spirit.
Saad was trying to stick around with the Blackhawks after impressing Joel Quenneville in training camp enough so that Saad got a huge opportunity during Chicago’s opening night loss to Dallas. Since then, however, reality set in for the 18 year-old 2011 second round pick and down the depth chart he went.
In Saad’s two games he had no points and just three shots on goal. He’ll be more of a factor next season in training camp and after getting such a generous look this time around, things are looking up for Saad even though he’s likely very disappointed now.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4