Oct 11, 2011, 11:50 PM EDT
When you’re a 19 year-old coming off a Calder Trophy winning season the way Jeff Skinner of Carolina is, there’s pressure to repeat your performance from the year before. For Skinner that means another 30+ goal season and leading the Hurricanes to the playoffs. No pressure, right?
Skinner talks with NBC Sports Talk’s Russ Thaler about what he’s looking to do this season and what he’s working on to improve on his game to make his second season even better than his first.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22