Oct 11, 2011, 11:50 PM EDT
When you’re a 19 year-old coming off a Calder Trophy winning season the way Jeff Skinner of Carolina is, there’s pressure to repeat your performance from the year before. For Skinner that means another 30+ goal season and leading the Hurricanes to the playoffs. No pressure, right?
Skinner talks with NBC Sports Talk’s Russ Thaler about what he’s looking to do this season and what he’s working on to improve on his game to make his second season even better than his first.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5