Oct 11, 2011, 11:50 PM EST
When you’re a 19 year-old coming off a Calder Trophy winning season the way Jeff Skinner of Carolina is, there’s pressure to repeat your performance from the year before. For Skinner that means another 30+ goal season and leading the Hurricanes to the playoffs. No pressure, right?
Skinner talks with NBC Sports Talk’s Russ Thaler about what he’s looking to do this season and what he’s working on to improve on his game to make his second season even better than his first.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 0
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16