Oct 11, 2011, 11:50 PM EST
When you’re a 19 year-old coming off a Calder Trophy winning season the way Jeff Skinner of Carolina is, there’s pressure to repeat your performance from the year before. For Skinner that means another 30+ goal season and leading the Hurricanes to the playoffs. No pressure, right?
Skinner talks with NBC Sports Talk’s Russ Thaler about what he’s looking to do this season and what he’s working on to improve on his game to make his second season even better than his first.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8