Oct 11, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
How good are Kyle Turris’ contract negotiations going in Phoenix? They’re going so well that according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman Turris now wants out of town (see item 9).
After seeing crazy demands out of Turris’ camp as the restricted free agent looks to play this year, his frustration at not getting a deal squared away with Coyotes GM Don Maloney, Turris would like to take his talents elsewhere away from coach Dave Tippett. The problems here for Turris is that he’s under Coyotes control no matter what, doesn’t have the scoring numbers to back up his demands, and has a December 1 deadline to sign a contract or sit out the whole season.
Time is ticking away in that respect and the Coyotes don’t need to do anything for him because he’s their player and unless a massive offer sheet comes Turris’ way, the Coyotes would likely match any deal. Talk about having no leverage. Turris’ agent Kurt Overhardt has been quiet about his client is actually looking for from the Coyotes.
As for who might want Turris, line up any team in need of a young, talented center. Calgary (desperate for help outside of Jokinen), Anaheim (Saku Koivu is on the old side), Toronto (Grabovski the lone guy to be counted on), and Edmonton (if they’re done with Sam Gagner) stand out above all. With Turris’ RFA status and the Coyotes not looking to deal him, however, he could be out of luck and get to sit home all season long. Here’s to hoping Turris bought a nice recliner to sit at home with, he’ll need it.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 6
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115