Oct 11, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
How good are Kyle Turris’ contract negotiations going in Phoenix? They’re going so well that according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman Turris now wants out of town (see item 9).
After seeing crazy demands out of Turris’ camp as the restricted free agent looks to play this year, his frustration at not getting a deal squared away with Coyotes GM Don Maloney, Turris would like to take his talents elsewhere away from coach Dave Tippett. The problems here for Turris is that he’s under Coyotes control no matter what, doesn’t have the scoring numbers to back up his demands, and has a December 1 deadline to sign a contract or sit out the whole season.
Time is ticking away in that respect and the Coyotes don’t need to do anything for him because he’s their player and unless a massive offer sheet comes Turris’ way, the Coyotes would likely match any deal. Talk about having no leverage. Turris’ agent Kurt Overhardt has been quiet about his client is actually looking for from the Coyotes.
As for who might want Turris, line up any team in need of a young, talented center. Calgary (desperate for help outside of Jokinen), Anaheim (Saku Koivu is on the old side), Toronto (Grabovski the lone guy to be counted on), and Edmonton (if they’re done with Sam Gagner) stand out above all. With Turris’ RFA status and the Coyotes not looking to deal him, however, he could be out of luck and get to sit home all season long. Here’s to hoping Turris bought a nice recliner to sit at home with, he’ll need it.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)