Oct 11, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Cory Schneider‘s strong performance – including a crucial stop on a penalty shot – will be the big story of the Vancouver Canucks’ 3-2 win against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Still, that won’t linger in the minds of both teams (not to mention their fans) as much as Marc Methot’s hit on Henrik Sedin.
Kevin Bieksa essentially admitted that Methot will have to answer for that check when the two sides meet again.
“Hank’s a tough guy and he’ll take that for the team. But we’ll remember that.”
In case you’re wondering, the teams face each other three more times: Nov. 29, Dec. 13 and March 17. It’s safe to say that Methot’s evenings will be usually stressful on those occasions.
The Canucks need to make sure that this doesn’t become a trend among their opponents, though. This won’t be an easy start for Vancouver, but trying to play without Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler is a scary proposition. They earned their first win of the season on Columbus Day, but they might want to look at the big picture (i.e. “You will suffer intense pain if you take liberties with our stars”) if something similar happens in the future.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)