Oct 11, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Cory Schneider‘s strong performance – including a crucial stop on a penalty shot – will be the big story of the Vancouver Canucks’ 3-2 win against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Still, that won’t linger in the minds of both teams (not to mention their fans) as much as Marc Methot’s hit on Henrik Sedin.
Kevin Bieksa essentially admitted that Methot will have to answer for that check when the two sides meet again.
“Hank’s a tough guy and he’ll take that for the team. But we’ll remember that.”
In case you’re wondering, the teams face each other three more times: Nov. 29, Dec. 13 and March 17. It’s safe to say that Methot’s evenings will be usually stressful on those occasions.
The Canucks need to make sure that this doesn’t become a trend among their opponents, though. This won’t be an easy start for Vancouver, but trying to play without Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler is a scary proposition. They earned their first win of the season on Columbus Day, but they might want to look at the big picture (i.e. “You will suffer intense pain if you take liberties with our stars”) if something similar happens in the future.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 1
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)