Oct 11, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Cory Schneider‘s strong performance – including a crucial stop on a penalty shot – will be the big story of the Vancouver Canucks’ 3-2 win against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Still, that won’t linger in the minds of both teams (not to mention their fans) as much as Marc Methot’s hit on Henrik Sedin.
Kevin Bieksa essentially admitted that Methot will have to answer for that check when the two sides meet again.
“Hank’s a tough guy and he’ll take that for the team. But we’ll remember that.”
In case you’re wondering, the teams face each other three more times: Nov. 29, Dec. 13 and March 17. It’s safe to say that Methot’s evenings will be usually stressful on those occasions.
The Canucks need to make sure that this doesn’t become a trend among their opponents, though. This won’t be an easy start for Vancouver, but trying to play without Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler is a scary proposition. They earned their first win of the season on Columbus Day, but they might want to look at the big picture (i.e. “You will suffer intense pain if you take liberties with our stars”) if something similar happens in the future.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)