Oct 11, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
David Perron has been out of action since last November 4 thanks to a concussion received from a monster hit by Joe Thornton. Perron’s concussion recovery has gone through the motions but he tells Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he’s feeling confident about getting back very soon.
Perron has gotten back to some action with the team and he hasn’t suffered any setbacks to this point. We all know how tenuous concussion recovery is after getting a crash-course in it thanks to Sidney Crosby, but Perron’s progress shows that even the most brutal of hits can have a light at the end of the tunnel.
If Perron can get back to action and do what he was starting to show the Blues he could do before, the young and talented Blues will get a huge lift from his presence and his abilities. With David Backes and Chris Stewart already both young and gifted power forwards, Perron getting back in the mix with them would allow St. Louis to roll with three awfully strong lines.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 60
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)