Oct 11, 2011, 8:36 PM EST
David Perron has been out of action since last November 4 thanks to a concussion received from a monster hit by Joe Thornton. Perron’s concussion recovery has gone through the motions but he tells Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he’s feeling confident about getting back very soon.
Perron has gotten back to some action with the team and he hasn’t suffered any setbacks to this point. We all know how tenuous concussion recovery is after getting a crash-course in it thanks to Sidney Crosby, but Perron’s progress shows that even the most brutal of hits can have a light at the end of the tunnel.
If Perron can get back to action and do what he was starting to show the Blues he could do before, the young and talented Blues will get a huge lift from his presence and his abilities. With David Backes and Chris Stewart already both young and gifted power forwards, Perron getting back in the mix with them would allow St. Louis to roll with three awfully strong lines.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 58
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)