Oct 11, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
David Perron has been out of action since last November 4 thanks to a concussion received from a monster hit by Joe Thornton. Perron’s concussion recovery has gone through the motions but he tells Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he’s feeling confident about getting back very soon.
Perron has gotten back to some action with the team and he hasn’t suffered any setbacks to this point. We all know how tenuous concussion recovery is after getting a crash-course in it thanks to Sidney Crosby, but Perron’s progress shows that even the most brutal of hits can have a light at the end of the tunnel.
If Perron can get back to action and do what he was starting to show the Blues he could do before, the young and talented Blues will get a huge lift from his presence and his abilities. With David Backes and Chris Stewart already both young and gifted power forwards, Perron getting back in the mix with them would allow St. Louis to roll with three awfully strong lines.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)