Oct 11, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
David Perron has been out of action since last November 4 thanks to a concussion received from a monster hit by Joe Thornton. Perron’s concussion recovery has gone through the motions but he tells Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he’s feeling confident about getting back very soon.
Perron has gotten back to some action with the team and he hasn’t suffered any setbacks to this point. We all know how tenuous concussion recovery is after getting a crash-course in it thanks to Sidney Crosby, but Perron’s progress shows that even the most brutal of hits can have a light at the end of the tunnel.
If Perron can get back to action and do what he was starting to show the Blues he could do before, the young and talented Blues will get a huge lift from his presence and his abilities. With David Backes and Chris Stewart already both young and gifted power forwards, Perron getting back in the mix with them would allow St. Louis to roll with three awfully strong lines.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)