Oct 11, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
David Perron has been out of action since last November 4 thanks to a concussion received from a monster hit by Joe Thornton. Perron’s concussion recovery has gone through the motions but he tells Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he’s feeling confident about getting back very soon.
Perron has gotten back to some action with the team and he hasn’t suffered any setbacks to this point. We all know how tenuous concussion recovery is after getting a crash-course in it thanks to Sidney Crosby, but Perron’s progress shows that even the most brutal of hits can have a light at the end of the tunnel.
If Perron can get back to action and do what he was starting to show the Blues he could do before, the young and talented Blues will get a huge lift from his presence and his abilities. With David Backes and Chris Stewart already both young and gifted power forwards, Perron getting back in the mix with them would allow St. Louis to roll with three awfully strong lines.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 19
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 17
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 17
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 13
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 30
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)